VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 VW GTI SE
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on Facebook. Realize many here may be interested that aren't on FB. New option for replacement engine covers. In case you are tired of waiting for a VW solution.

Not affiliated in anyway, just passing on information.

·
Registered
2022 VW GTI SE
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can pretty much guarantee that isn't going to happen - nice thought though😁. From what my dealer told me, once VW has a replacement part, all cars will be in line to get one under the recall. That said, I know a lot of people are tired of waiting and are willing to spend the money to have a solution now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does an engine cover have any actual purpose aside from covering up the the spaghetti bowl of wires, hoses and pipes? My GTI came without one and I was not even thinking that I would ever get or one from VW?

·
Registered
2018 GTI SE 3 Pedals
1,156 Posts
Does an engine cover have any actual purpose aside from covering up the the spaghetti bowl of wires, hoses and pipes? My GTI came without one and I was not even thinking that I would ever get or one from VW?
It traps a little more heat in there and helps degrade plastic parts under it. Many of us with tuned Mk7s removed them early on, VW is just getting ahead of the curve here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saw this on Facebook. Realize many here may be interested that aren't on FB. New option for replacement engine covers. In case you are tired of waiting for a VW solution.

Not affiliated in anyway, just passing on information.

That's actually the dealership where I got my MK8! --> Shouldn't dealerships be giving these away? Is VW going to do a replacement?

·
Registered
2022 MK8 Golf GTI SE - 6MT - Moonstone Grey
123 Posts
That's actually the dealership where I got my MK8! --> Shouldn't dealerships be giving these away? Is VW going to do a replacement?
Exactly. That was my point, how is a dealer justifying removing a part from a car before delivery to then say.. "here buy the replacement we should be giving you."

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out which ROW car they took that engine cover from and retro fitted to work on our cars. It's basically an OEM engine cover from a RHD VW, for like $150-175. Then they modify it to fit our cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It traps a little more heat in there and helps degrade plastic parts under it. Many of us with tuned Mk7s removed them early on, VW is just getting ahead of the curve here.
I drive a Modded MK-VI Golf R and I've never put a cover in the engine. My Neuspeed PFlo makes an engine cover unusable. Besides, I think that the brightwork of the Forge Blow Off and the Crackle Black of the PFlo look great along with the Red Coilpacks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts