VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello VW Vortex,
New (old) owner here.
I just took delivery of a 2019 SE, lease return, with only 3898 miles on it!!!!

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

And, they delivered it to my house!!
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Im excited to have such a low mileage specimen!
It came from Oakland CA area, and now I'll be enjoying it in Orange County for commuting, and fun trips to the store.

Its nice to get back to my roots (sort of)
In a previous life (15+ years ago) I had a MK2 8V.
(I had another profile here on Vortex, but cannot remember my name. I posted in the MK2 stuff for a little while)
But sold it in 2007 to make way for new baby.
This was it:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

86' MK2, 8V, 5spd. I drove it for ~15 years
I lowered it 1.25" , by Ron Wood @ VW Specialties.
I installed Techtonic cam with adjustable timing gear.
Upgraded rear brakes to disks.
Modifed the air box.
2.5" exhaust, down-pipe on back, flow master muffler.
16" Motegi wheels with 205/45 16 tires.
I was slowly turning it into an urban sleeper / poser rally car.
I miss that car, and miss driving manual.

I also am original owner of a 2004 B5.5 1.8T, with 171K on it.
Been daily driving that for the last 5 years, after buying a new car for my wife.
But the eGolf is for ME.

Anyway... looking forward to being part of a great community again!

· Registered
217 Posts
You will enjoy the instant torque !
I recently bought a 30k mile 2016 egolf SE, it’s a lot of fun, the MK7 body/chassis handles great.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Congrats on the new to you car - nice find with low miles.

I have ~67k miles on my '16 E-Golf SE of which prior owner piled 58k miles on it during their 3 year lease and I have had it about 1.75 years and put ~9k miles on it. Based on Carfax this will be the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned as it never went back to dealer during prior ownership and I have only had to bring it in for annual inspection and a brake fluid exchange.

Has a few suspension creaks due to age, floor mats are a little worn but other than that mine could still pass as new if I had a nice detail done. Battery degradation is a thing but nothing too terrible, I don't push my car to the absolute limit but guessing if I did I would probably run about 73-75 miles before turtle mode popped up (2016 original range 84 miles).

If you have the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422+ tires they are complete trash and you will just be spinning your wheels everywhere when the road is damp. While I have plenty of life left on mine I'm already shopping potential replacements that are not the Ecopias, as soon as I get a non-repairable flat in one of them they are all getting tossed.

· Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the new to you car - nice find with low miles.

I have ~67k miles on my '16 E-Golf SE of which prior owner piled 58k miles on it during their 3 year lease and I have had it about 1.75 years and put ~9k miles on it. Based on Carfax this will be the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned as it never went back to dealer during prior ownership and I have only had to bring it in for annual inspection and a brake fluid exchange.

Has a few suspension creaks due to age, floor mats are a little worn but other than that mine could still pass as new if I had a nice detail done. Battery degradation is a thing but nothing too terrible, I don't push my car to the absolute limit but guessing if I did I would probably run about 73-75 miles before turtle mode popped up (2016 original range 84 miles).

If you have the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422+ tires they are complete trash and you will just be spinning your wheels everywhere when the road is damp. While I have plenty of life left on mine I'm already shopping potential replacements that are not the Ecopias, as soon as I get a non-repairable flat in one of them they are all getting tossed.
Try Pirelli Centurato P7 Blue tyres. I have them on my 18" summer wheels. very good wet grip and AA roll rating

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Try Pirelli Centurato P7 Blue tyres. I have them on my 18" summer wheels. very good wet grip and AA roll rating
I am leaning towards these Hankook Kinergy ST tires - highly rated among standard touring tires and they weigh 1 lb less than even the Ecopias (18 lbs vs 19 lbs) and are one of the cheaper tires in this size. I was initially pricing various Michelins but outside the Energy Saver tires that did not have glowing ratings they were all going to be a 2-3 lb weight gain at each corner. My departed '12 TDI Sportwagen I swapped the dry rotted Michelins out for tires that were 4 lbs less per corner and it was as noticeable improvement, I imagine it goes both ways and a weight gain on tires would have similar negative impact.

Hankook Kinergy ST

· Registered
15 Posts
When I was shopping for mine there was a few at 3-6k miles for 2019 models. I got mine with 35 miles on it. But mine is considered new since it sat at a Michigan dealership lot for years. I even gots the winter package on mine :p for a car in southern Cali. There was even Hyundai and chevy ev's with super duper low mileage for sale too around here

· Registered
4 Posts
3000 miles in three years? And it happens a lot? I have a hard time believing that.
Happens a LOT. It's a short range EV that is typically used for a even shorter commute. That paired with VW was trying too pump out the last of the 2019 models around summer/fall of 19', then COVID, they really never got driven. My local dealer has 2 with well under 10k miles (one has 4400!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.