1. no, no ambient lighting in the footwells, however some have done LED strip lighting to add the effect, but thats not for me...Getting things mostly sorted now, couple more straggler questions -
1) For an SEL-P-R, is there ambient lighting in the rear footwells? It doesn't look like I have it, so I'm guessing the answer to this is "no".
2) For the red reflectors in the bottoms of each of the doors, should those red reflectors light up at any point? I do have the "VW" puddle projectors coming out of the bottom of the front two, but wondering if the red parts on any of the four are supposed to light up when you open your door into traffic or if they are just passive reflectors.
3) The world has set the sun on my beloved iPod classic, turns out it is not supported which is a bummer. Don't want to hassle with bluetooth, would always prefer a hardwired connection - does anyone know if the MIB3 system supports the current iPod touch that Apple sells?
Then just a couple of FYI questions:
1) Is this 5th generation haldex? I know my old Tiguan has a 4th gen system which I believe is 90/10 F/R in normal driving, and cannot decouple the rear wheels completely. I also know the 2018+ Tiguans got the 5th generation, which can decouple the rear wheels completely, and I know from reading that the Arteon system is normally decoupled, so I'm wondering if this is a 5th gen system or maybe a newer 6th gen system?
2) Similarly, is the engine the gen 3B version of the EA888? Or is it a newer gen?
Thanks for helping a noob learn as much as possible about a complex car.
2. i believe they are just reflectors, at least the rears.
3. yes, ipod has both bluetooth and usb connections available. check your glovebox, if not you can connect directly inside your center console.
1. not sure on the haldex, i would be interested to see this info.
2. this is actually an Audi engine (this is also why the Arteon was delayed so long to be sold in the US, Audi needed to certify the engine and didnt complete this in time) but we have engine code DLRB, which is basically a detuned S3/.:R motor. everything is the same i.e. turbo, pistons, compression - just less HP/TQ and a ****ty transmission.
no, its not.Is it really so difficult to keep your foot on the brake at a stoplight that we need to come up with ways to trick the car…..that all seem like much more of a pain in the ass vs just keeping your foot on the brake.
but the OP asked a question and an answer was provided.
and honestly you took more effort to make and post this comment than it does to press 1 button and move my foot...how does that make you feel?