VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get my 83 Rabit GTI painted this year.Its pretty much stock except for the BBS Rims of a Jetta that I will be putting on it.It has new interior and carpet.I want to make the outside of the car look as good as the inside but I dont want to get ripped off in the process. Im not very familiar with the whole paint process.My car has some small dings which would need to be repaired before painting hopefully by the shop that paints it. It was painted about 3 years ago by the guy I bought it from but the paint is already chipping in some places and has swirl marks.I would love some recommendations on price range for a good job and what kind of paint should be applied.I really want to keep this car in tip top stock condition because theres not to many left.Please give me any info you might have.
Thanks Rob

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: New Paint Job? (robwoo)

well for my car a a3 jetta it was quoted at about 2500 for just painting not body work. This was by mako I know there a little pricey but its a good estimate anyway. hope it helps if not its a bump.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Re: New Paint Job? (robwoo)

If you want "quality", not price, not promises that will not be kept?
Forget Macco, forget about any shop that is not displaying the I-CAR Gold or Silver badge in their advertising, their yellow page ads.
And, even then, look at the paint supplier they use, if honest, they will have a sign up regarding that.
Not all paint materials are the same, and companies with true ethics require the shops that display their sign to have their painters attend a training session/update at least once every two years.
Ketch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.