VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess I'll start one of these for my new project..

I've been in the VW scene for a while and wanted one of these since I was 16. Finally got a good deal on one that needed some work.

Plans are probably just 300whp 16v OR 20v 2.0t.. It has a haldex swap already as well.. I'm pretty excited to have a project that won't be as extreme as my R32.
I'll have it in my garage in about 2 weeks so right now IRS just a little waiting game.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Guess I'll start one of these for my new project..

I've been in the VW scene for a while and wanted one of these since I was 16. Finally got a good deal on one that needed some work.

Plans are probably just 300whp 16v OR 20v 2.0t.. It has a haldex swap already as well.. I'm pretty excited to have a project that won't be as extreme as my R32.
I'll have it in my garage in about 2 weeks so right now IRS just a little waiting game.

Wow that is swet!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I didn't know they came in black?...
Pics of interior and engine

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
7,858 Posts
Oh Yea! He's into VAG!! Congrats on that find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Find yourself a wrecked tt225 and swap everything over. Excited to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Find yourself a wrecked tt225 and swap everything over. Excited to see what you do with it.

I was thinking that as well. Can't decide if I want 20v or 16v... The tt225 would make it super easy.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car showed up today. Its gonna be a long project but I'm very confident. I have a few things to finish up for my R32 this and next week and then the rallye will be tended too. Windshield will be installed this week, and then I can empty the thing out and see what I need and don't need.. Have a few doubles on parts including a headlights.

My R is getting the bay sprayed and I'm installing the bar-tek reenforcement in my dog box.. Then that car is all wrapped up and ready for spring.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Car showed up today. Its gonna be a long project but I'm very confident. I have a few things to finish up for my R32 this and next week and then the rallye will be tended too. Windshield will be installed this week, and then I can empty the thing out and see what I need and don't need.. Have a few doubles on parts including a headlights.

My R is getting the bay sprayed and I'm installing the bar-tek reenforcement in my dog box.. Then that car is all wrapped up and ready for spring.

Very exited to see how this build goes.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got some time to work on this after getting back from wookies and the woods.. Definitely missing some stuff. But there is also doubles and triples of other things...

Rallye grills or headlights anyone???

I'll be making a list and ordering some stuff this week. I want the interior to be 100% before I move on to the engine area. But I'm probably going to need a full brake set up. Not sure if it has abs which could be a headache.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I finally got some time to work on this after getting back from wookies and the woods.. Definitely missing some stuff. But there is also doubles and triples of other things...

Rallye grills or headlights anyone???

I'll be making a list and ordering some stuff this week. I want the interior to be 100% before I move on to the engine area. But I'm probably going to need a full brake set up. Not sure if it has abs which could be a headache.

I envy your build. One day...

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did some test fiting today... Amazing what adding door panels does to feeling like something was done. I put the front together as well to see what is and isnt missing... I got lazy in puttimg in the fogs 😂😂 but I have them too

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
7,858 Posts
Glad you found some rallye lamps.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts