VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: New rims!! Look! (MADBUG)

nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
are you running bilstein hds & neuspeed sofsport?
the drop is fantastic. that ^^^ is the setup i'm running, w/17*8 oz superturismos and 235/45's. what profile are your tires? and how do you like the proxes?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New rims!! Look! (mr. grunchy)

I'm using Bilstein sport shocks/struts and Neuspeed sport springs.Also, Neuspeed front/rear sway bars.
The Proxes are 215 35.This is my first ever set of large rims/tires,and I'm very impressed with the performance.The tires literally feel like they cut grooves into the pavement!! It's great!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Re: New rims!! Look! (MADBUG)

They don't look right?! Are you running 35-30 profiles. If you are the speedo and gearing will be off. Looks like your rims might get banged pretty easily. Are they forged wheels or cast? Definately has a different look!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New rims!! Look! (1.8t)

They're 35's.The pic's are a little dark, so maybe it's hard to see the rubber in relation to the wheel well.
I bought them used, so I don't know what model they are or what they're made of.All I know is I like'em,both in looks and handeling, and I got them for a steal!! Brand new those are like $2200,and I got them with tires for $1100.Minimal scratches,and not bent.
Whenever the tires are all used up, I'll go with 225 40 18's. Get a little more side wall height and maybe pot holes won't hurt as much.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Re: New rims!! Look! (Beetsport)

are those rims 2 peice? i mean can the screws be taken out and the center removed? my friend had a set of 18" volks- 3 peice, and he took it apart and painted the center peices gunmetal and left the lip chrome. i think you beetle would look NUTS if you painted the center peice black and left the lip chrome/ polished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts