VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin through some pics in the mk1 forum... saw this... anyone ever seen a shifter like this before?? giving me some ideas...

thought it would be a good way to move the shifter back a little more. the seat is really far back because im so damn tall... someone before mentionaed bending the shifter rod back... but this seems like a better idea.
-j

Modified by Muffler Bearing at 10:28 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Re: new shifter idea (Muffler Bearing)

Looks like just an add-on that moves the shift lever back a few inches. I suppose that would work good with a steering wheel extension and custom pedal box on the floor along with moving the driver's seat further back to improve weight distribution. (WRC cars do that)

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: new shifter idea (Jetta2dr)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta2dr »
Looks like just an add-on that moves the shift lever back a few inches. I suppose that would work good with a steering wheel extension and custom pedal box on the floor along with moving the driver's seat further back to improve weight distribution. (WRC cars do that)

no need for new pedals, i reach them just fine with the seat all the way back, im getting an extension for the wheel. just need to figure out what to do for the shifter. even with my long arms its still a little too far forward for my tastes...
-j

·
Registered
23,263 Posts
Re: new shifter idea (Jetta2dr)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta2dr »
Looks like just an add-on that moves the shift lever back a few inches.

Its all custom fabricated... Spa has a nice one that he's building but he doesnt like to share his goodness

·
Registered
589 Posts
Re: (fearofme)

Quote, originally posted by fearofme »
inst that a sequential shifter? you'd be tall and damn broke if you put in one of those

bingo

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Re: new shifter idea (danny_16v)

Quote, originally posted by danny_16v »

Its all custom fabricated... Spa has a nice one that he's building but he doesnt like to share his goodness

I've seen Spa's.. its freakin sick.
It puts the shifter right up by the steering wheel, and runs the linkage through the centre console.
Perhaps he'll chime in with pix.

·
Registered
23,263 Posts
Re: (macheteXkid)

Quote, originally posted by macheteXkid »

bingo

its not sequential... its just a motorsport shifter that eliminates all the plastic ****s that are in our linkages and usually reduces the throw and makes it feel very crisp and you can extend it to put it close to the steering wheel so you can keep your hands as much on the steering wheel as you can

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
****in aye thats expensive... and how would something like that work with the shifting linkage in a mk2???
-j

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »
****in aye thats expensive... and how would something like that work with the shifting linkage in a mk2???
-j

that is a mk2, just one without a dash, and a built 1.3 which in my guestimation had a different type of shifter linkage

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Yeah, I usually notice I use my body to shift. I should only have to use my hand. I'm 6 feet tall.

I really need to find a beeter golf/gti and make it a rally car. Just for ****s and giggles.

Modified by VWA2MKII at 8:58 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
ring ring

RING RING

hello?
waste of time? Yes, I found a tread for you.

·
Banned
999 Posts
Re: new shifter idea (Muffler Bearing)

J I think you should spend time rollin the chevy rather than attemptin to fit into an a2.

Complainers. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
chevy is nice, but gas is way too expensive for that right now. ill be back in that when i get my next paycheck
-j

1 - 20 of 25 Posts