VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from out of town and I finally got my new wheels i've been waiting for, they are 18x8.5 in front and 18x10 rear et25 BUT I need to run a 8mm spacer in the rear to clear my brakes on my 04 GLI 1.8T, I test fitted the rears yesterday and with the 8mm spacer in the rear the wheel is still hitting my brakes. So im thinking about shaving my calipers about 2-3mm or should i go with 10mm spacers? help me out what should i do?? :banghead:

even little Lou dog cant believe it!

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i dont want to much poke because then i cant be that low..i think i might shave the caliper a little plus i think that would be the cheaper route..It should be safe still right to shave the caliper?

· Registered
2,574 Posts
You don't want to add a large spacer in the rear. I would add what would get you by. Shaving the caliper might be better idea.

My rear setup is 18x10 et 25 in this pic . Used to be et20 but i shaved the rear adapters down since it was rubbing.

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I might just have to shave the caliper a little because all i need is like 1mm for the wheel not hit my brakes..I will probaly shave 2-3mm just to be safe..i think 10mm spacer in the rear will be to much..

· Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10points for Mr. Tan! yes you are correct the are STP-1, i've been a really big fan of these wheels and I waited over three months to get them..

what ginder do you recommend to shave down the calipers..?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.