VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (SirWillett)

that car is pure madness.......nice pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (Spankee)

But which would you buy? EVO or STI?

Modified by SirWillett at 11:43 AM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

My cousin just bought one of the 3(?) STis sold in CA and I called him a wanker for spending that kind of money on something that wouldn't actually get raced...
Kirk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (Knestis)

the wing on that sub is so gross. I don't care how functional it is, i'd kick my own ass if i had that. other than that, its nothing short of amazing

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (RIPkevsGTI)

Quote, originally posted by RIPkevsGTI »
the wing on that sub is so gross. I don't care how functional it is, i'd kick my own ass if i had that. other than that, its nothing short of amazing

I've heard that atleast 20 times already. Its not meant for just looks, its a fuctional wing for christs sake. Theres a big difference between that and some double decker wing on a honda.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SirWillett »

Modified by SirWillett at 11:43 AM 7-3-2003

i would buy the EVO if i was only going for power. realistically, i would buy the subaru for the looks and performance combined in one sweet package.

G

·
I don't understand why you would go with the evo for power over the STi. The Evo is less horsepower and is already at 19psi of boost. Not a whole lot of room for more. The STi on the other hand has 300hp, 300torque, 2.5L and is only running 14.5psi.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: ([email protected])

I like the EVO but it is very stripped down on the inside but I guess that does not really matter. When I was in the EVO it just looked plain and cheap.
For some reason I just don't like the STI wheels .

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (SirWillett)

I was at the Ferrari dealership tonight watching them load a 60's Ferrari race car (250 - I think) on to their tractor trailer racecar transport when I see in the back, one of the guys leaving. He is driving his brand new blue STI. That makes two STIs in a 2-3 mile radius...........

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Re: (SirWillett)

do you drive on gw pkwy near alexandria? i was behind black sti the other day for a bit in my black mk3 "8v dub". was that you?
anyways--dope ass ride. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i cant dig the new front end on the subbies, but i would take it over the us spec evo anyday. the japan spec with the acd (active control diff) is another story. other than a skyline that is the most advanced drivetrain available anywhere.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (igneousGOlF)

Quote, originally posted by igneousGOlF »

I've heard that atleast 20 times already. Its not meant for just looks, its a fuctional wing for christs sake. Theres a big difference between that and some double decker wing on a honda.

Is there? I mean really...a big gross wing on a Subaru is functional but a big wing on a honda is pointless? I mean take a look at giant F1 wings and tell me where the differentiantion is between two manufacturers of cars and two different wings. I don't want to belittle the styling of your car but the wing does look pretty stupid. I hope it keeps you on the road. I understand the concept of big wings but I still don't understand how you can punk off people with other makes of cars that have big wings that are designed by reputable designers as being "big and gross". Really. C'mon now. You are just being closed minded here I think.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (dubass)

The STI is not mine - it just showed up in the parking lot of my apartment this week and so did this one ...............

Modified by SirWillett at 8:02 PM 7-13-2003

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SirWillett »

EVO all the way. I got a ride in a Evo 7 RS (lightweight edition) and holy crap! Pure insanity! The Evo 8's may run more boost than the STi's but the motors are far beefier. Plus the Evo motor is 500cc smaller. They just need to do away with the crappy taillights on the Evo's.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (switch_900)

Quote, originally posted by switch_900 »

Is there? I mean really...a big gross wing on a Subaru is functional but a big wing on a honda is pointless? I mean take a look at giant F1 wings and tell me where the differentiantion is between two manufacturers of cars and two different wings. I don't want to belittle the styling of your car but the wing does look pretty stupid. I hope it keeps you on the road. I understand the concept of big wings but I still don't understand how you can punk off people with other makes of cars that have big wings that are designed by reputable designers as being "big and gross". Really. C'mon now. You are just being closed minded here I think.

For the most part on the street the sti's wing won't be of that much use, but the sti wasn't built to be a street car. It was built to race, whether it is a rally or on the track, and thats where it becomes functional.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

dayum i didnt know that the sti had that different wheel. dont know if i like it better, but its cool that they made it different.
Quote »
EVO all the way. I got a ride in a Evo 7 RS (lightweight edition) and holy crap! Pure insanity! The Evo 8's may run more boost than the STi's but the motors are far beefier. Plus the Evo motor is 500cc smaller. They just need to do away with the crappy taillights on the Evo's.

i dont know about that, sti's have solid motors too and one more gear!
if we got the j-spec EVO (with ACD) and the RS and all that i may say otherwise. and just so you guys know (whoever was calling the EVO stripped) the sti comes with no stereo, no floormats, etc, in the interest of lighter weight. that is unless your queer and add that crap back by the dealer.

Modified by dubass at 3:07 PM 8-17-2003

·
Registered
41 Posts
coming from a rally background i gotta say that the wrx is probably the best thing to hit rally cross since sport springs... plus japanese cars have no place on the rally circuit in my opinion..... don't count out a gti r32 or 337 just yet....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Re: New sweet car - not a VW (metalheadgus)

Quote, originally posted by metalheadgus »

Perhaps I'm missing something...but why would you want a smaller engine? The old saying that there is "no replacement for displacement" still applies here too IMO. Also, the Subie's engine is balanced better than the Evo's, if anyone cares besides me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts