VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - New Touareg Owner
Just traded my 2017 Mk7 Golf R for a VW CPO 2017 Touareg Executive w/27K miles.
Purchased the tire protection warranty, and has 2y/24 B2B CPO warranty + balance of 10y/100K powertrain warranty.

Happy to get one of the last Piech Era German quality Touaregs. Kind of sad though.
The solidity and fluidity of this car is no comparison to the New Atlas or Cross Sport.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
768 Posts
What do you mean by the last sentence? Are you saying it's less solid, less fluid? Or you're saying it's sad how much worse an Atlas is compared to a Touareg?

I am hoping VW brings the T3 (T4?) over to America after the Atlas has done so well. If they couldn't sell 60K touaregs before, I kinda get it because they didn't have anything else remotely close to it for anyone to choose from. Now that the Atlas has done so well in the 30-50K segment, I can't imagine that a bunch of Atlas leasers wouldn't be willing to "Trade Up" to the new Touareg. But I guess in America it's always a matter of cannibalization with Audi. They'd rather those people buy a Q8 (which is of course like 70-90K).

I'd kill for one of the ROW Touareg R's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean by the last sentence? Are you saying it's less solid, less fluid? Or you're saying it's sad how much worse an Atlas is compared to a Touareg?

I'd kill for one of the ROW Touareg R's.
I have driven both the Atlas and Atlas Cross sport as loaner cars for a few days while having my Golf R serviced and they do not ride as well and do not feel as well put together which is what I should have said. A simple closing of the door will give you some indication.

Unfortunately, VW's ambitions have been stifled here in the US with diesel gate and people had such a hard time with buying awesome cars like the Passat W8, Phaeton, and Touareg when prices started getting into BMW/Audi/Mercedes territory.

I purchased my 2014 A6 TDI after dieselgate and still enjoy 100K miles of reliable driving.

The Q8 is nice as well, styling is awesome, but IMO you need to spec it up to the Prestige before it gets the proper styling enhancements, lights, wheels and tech.
That puts that car in the $80-90K range and makes you start thinking about other cars. Mine as well go for the SQ8.

Yes, the T3 Touareg looks very nice, too bad we don't get it here and even if we did, we wouldn't get the air suspension and other tech features the European markets get..

How's your T-reg been for you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I traded in a 2016 R for my Touareg. I just miss the R’s seats and Apple Car Play. But I love the Touareg, we towed a 5000lb camper trailer out to the east coast in July and it pulled like a champ for all 4000 Km’s.

It was good timing as premium fuel getting close to $2 per litre here.

Congrats 🎉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts