VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an 98 Avant Quattro and looking to make some upgrades. Wanting to do lights first, preferably projectors and need to know what's good what's not and where to order from.
Is LLTEK Motorsports a good place?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (hoveraudi)

Quote, originally posted by hoveraudi »

oh come on, is that all you got

yeah..i copied it real quick from another thread..ha

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (robbyb413)

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »

That's ALL you need to know for OEM parts. Incredible customer service, killer prices, always ready to help... can't go wrong ordering from them. <g>

well about that, i dont know if you (robby) have been to http://www.pap-parts.com/products.asp?dept=2419 but i was looking at parts for my 60k mile service and for example pap had the cabin air filter for $10.65 while german ap had it for $16.79, everything was in stock at PAP too
so i saved a few $ with PAP..

·
17,380 Posts
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (20VTURBOSpoolMeUp!)

Really. How fast does that site ship? Part of what's good about Adirondack is that here in new england you get your stuff the next day, no extra charges.

·
17,380 Posts
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (20VTURBOSpoolMeUp!)

Yes, keep me posted. I'd like to know. Always up to see what "the other guy" can come up with vs. my old standbys.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (scitekmike)

So, at LLTEK there are two versions of the projector headlights, two piece and one piece. I know the one piece is a direct replacement for the later B5's and are the oem manufacture. Anyone know about the two piece models they carry? Are they oem quality or sub-par?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts

IMHO, they look like butt. the one pieces look a LOT better. i would def go with the 1 pieces. i don't know anyone that is rockin the 2 piece lights unless they have to, or haven't upgraded yet, i think all of that have the 2 piece lights want 1 pieces.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (hoveraudi)

yeah, wasn't sure about them. to get the 1 piece in the early b5's I got to cut away a little of the fender . . anyone with experience on this? looks simple from what I've seen.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts

those other guys got em....
only one I can think of that wasn't mentioned is
tap1.com
and intended acceleration, but that's more for older audis.. 20v cars, 100s, 90s, 200s, UrS cars....

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Re: New to Audi, need good tunners to order from (robbyb413)

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »
Yes, keep me posted. I'd like to know. Always up to see what "the other guy" can come up with vs. my old standbys.

so i get everything the other day (about 5 days cross country)
this was from PAP auto parts.com
the box is half open when it shows up...they used 1 piece of shipping tape. my dad thought it was just somebody's garbage, so he went to go recycle it cause it just looked like a box of newspaper. then he heard some stuff jingling around and was like "what?
"
so when i got home he goes "uh you got a package, might want to make sure everything was there cause the box was like open when it showed up and you might want to check the cabin air filter because it looked kind of bent up."
so short end of long story...
cabin air filter is unuseable.....packing was obviously horrible....and i'm not even sure they sent me the right spark plugs..
PS- I love public forums....so unless they do something spectacular when I go to return the filter...I will not be ordering from them anymore..
I have had better packaging from private classifieds sellers...

Modified by 20VTURBOSpoolMeUp! at 10:28 AM 6-30-2005

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.