VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, a recent Leukemia diagnosis changed our perspective and the wife said “get the Porsche you’ve wanted now instead of later”. Thanks to modern Pharma, I’m going to be just fine, but why say no to an N+1 opportunity! I located a pristine 2015 Boxster S at Carmax of all places. Only 16,800 miles and basically in like new condition.

I paid $300 to have it transferred from CA to Boise Idaho and did a thorough test drive yesterday. It’s equipped just like I’ve wanted and in my preferred Rhodium Silver over black. I completed the purchase today. The PDK in sport+ mode makes some glorious music. Arrival is perfectly timed for our great Idaho fall weather and endless mountain roads. It’ll be a great weekend cruiser with the Tesla MYP handling daily duties.

Font Number Circle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Sky

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Tire

·
Registered
The car so nice I bought it twice
2,101 Posts
Congrats on the Porsche but more importantly congrats on the optimistic prognosis! I had more than my fair share of medical issues as kid, funny what it does to your life outlook. Make the most of this life, and do it in a Porsche

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
nice man, hope it serves you well!!

+1 on the health update! Enjoy the **** out of it!!

Reactions: CSRPenFab

·
Registered
2007 Porsche Boxster S, 2014 Audi Q5 S-Line
6,160 Posts
Congrats on the Boxster and welcome to the family! :) This looks like a pristine and well-loaded example. The silver looks really sharp and those are my favorite wheels of the generation. You've got all the right options and I'm sure it will be a fantastic drive.

Enjoy the car and wishing your health gets back to 100%. Sounds like you've got a great wife there as well! (y) :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the Boxster and welcome to the family! :) This looks like a pristine and well-loaded example. The silver looks really sharp and those are my favorite wheels of the generation. You've got all the right options and I'm sure it will be a fantastic drive.

Enjoy the car and wishing your health gets back to 100%. Sounds like you've got a great wife there as well! (y) :D
Thanks. She is a great wife! She doesn’t know it yet, but her 2021 Audi Q5 will be getting a little “upgrade” soon. She’s always lamented that she couldn’t get her Audi in Red…. My Audi guy got me his last 2022 allocation for a Matador Red SQ8 so the order is in. She’ll love the color, I’ll love the twin turbo v8. Between the Tesla MYP, 981, and the SQ8, the stable will be well rounded.

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
29,060 Posts
Congrats, that's a great looking car. I hope you have many years of great fun with it. I didn't have a health scare, but when my wife noted out of the blue that I should get a Porsche, I had one like 4 months later. Definitely not an offer I wanted to let expire.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a targa, but wow what a boxster!
YaddaYadda mid engine drives better than a 911 YaddaYadda panties in a bunch allofthethings.......

Enjoy it good sir!
True. Luckily the 2015 Targa I was after sold before I got back from Maui. The good news is that the Boxster and SQ8 upgrade for the wife cost about the same as the Targa.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
True. Luckily the 2015 Targa I was after sold before I got back from Maui. The good news is that the Boxster and SQ8 upgrade for the wife cost about the same as the Targa.
Honestly, unless its handling DD duties, I'm a big proponent of the boxster after spending a long weekend with the 25th Anni Boxster. With the rest of your stable, I think you made the right choice.

Enjoy. 🍻

Reactions: CSRPenFab

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats and welcome to the club. Solid spec!
Thanks and thanks to everyone for the well wishes. We took the car yesterday at sunrise on a nice 100 mile twisty drive up highway 55, aka the Payette River Scenic Byway. The handling is superb and we’re loving the top down driving experience. Other than almost taking out 3 wild turkeys that decided to saunter across the road, it was a great drive.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts