VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, questions about my baser than base 2016 stock R:
- Stock stereo, non Fender. Any easy upgrades for near OEM bass upgrade (other than 3rd party)?
- Fender retrofit worth it?
- performance monitor - Only with DCC?
- Compass mirror with garage door poss (third party)?

Thanks, just the cheap upgrade questions for now :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't have a base, but from my memory of reading random threads on here and golfmk7, this is what I remember. Apologies if it's not correct info, I'm sure someone will be happy to point out any mistakes ;)

- Stock stereo, non Fender. Any easy upgrades for near OEM bass upgrade (other than 3rd party)?

Search for helix subwoofer. I think that's what you're looking for.

Audio is purely based on people's opinion of what sounds good. You'll have to look at the complexity of the install and determine if it's worth it.

https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2486/enable-performance-monitor-mk7

Search for homelink mirror, it's an OE part. I think you can put it on a base R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all

Had the flame shield on as I'm sure these are noob questions, I just dropped interest from a DCC/NAV R with Fender (haldex not working) to this car, just wondering if I can easily improve with OE or near OE bits. I have sought similar paths in my Audi and VW ownership, community usually finds a way :). Thanks!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
As for the mirror:

Description:Enhanced Rear View Mirror with HomeLink®
Part Number: 000072548B

It is a VW accessory. It goes on fairly easily, provided you have some patience. Look up the install on Youtube. It will save some frustrations.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
HI, questions about my baser than base 2016 stock R:

Thanks, just the cheap upgrade questions for now :)
Helix Soundbox is what you want for sound. I have it and it sounds pretty good. Lots of info here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/helix-soundbox-upgrade-information-post.346458/

Performance monitor, can’t get it. It’s not worth it either way.

You can get the Homelink Frameless mirror which is OEM: 000072548C is what I used

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.