VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I love my ACC - use it all the time. Yet another example of "option creep", an option I've never had before, but now consider mandatory on any future DD.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
My bad, I thought it was a MK 7 not a MK 7.5. Your sensor is behind the VW emblem, mine is in the lower grill where my wife can bounce it off a curb while parking. If mine was where yours is I wouldn't mind it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Mine's MK7 with the separate sensor. Never bounced it off a curb, and the only time I've ever had an issue was once during an insane snow storm when it got caked in a layer of ice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine's MK7 with the separate sensor. Never bounced it off a curb, and the only time I've ever had an issue was once during an insane snow storm when it got caked in a layer of ice

How good is the ACC in the MK7? I have a 2020 Legacy and it's all over the place, can't hold a steady speed when the road isn't perfectly flat. It's driving me nuts. Also loses "sight" of cars in front if there is a more than slight curve.

Debating heavily on an R when the prices come down again. I test drove one some months back but ACC had issues and wasn't functional.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
982 Posts
How good is the ACC in the MK7?
Only real complaint I have is that in certain situations it's slow to accelerate again - for example if the car ahead of me starts braking to make an upcoming left turn, then moves out of "my" lane into the adjacent left turn lane and begins braking even harder.

Sometimes - not every time but sometimes - the ACC will brake as if the car was still in the live lane ahead of me. It's all pretty easy to circumvent by just applying some light pressure to the accelerator so the car maintains speed.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Only real complaint I have is that in certain situations it's slow to accelerate again - for example if the car ahead of me starts braking to make an upcoming left turn, then moves out of "my" lane into the adjacent left turn lane and begins braking even harder.

Sometimes - not every time but sometimes - the ACC will brake as if the car was still in the live lane ahead of me. It's all pretty easy to circumvent by just applying some light pressure to the accelerator so the car maintains speed.

I've no problem with the cruise control aspect of it, it's the collision warning that drive's me nuts. There's been times where it will hit the brake while I'm coming up on somebody to make a lane change and it will screw up the whole lane change. That and the lane change feature (which I've turned off) drive me nuts. Although I rented a MK 8 Golf when I was in Ireland and it's even worse. Constantly beeping, telling me how to drive. Change gears, don't downshift at such high RPMs, roll windows up for less drag, I think I'll stop at this year for new cars, start working my way back in technology.
I guess I just drive like a dick. Maybe my wife is right....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts