VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after a long time searching for a cheap build up 2 door a1, i came across a 1983 scirocco. i really had a rabbit in mind but couldnt find one. after almost giving up i stopped in autobahn(local to me german auto shop) on buford hwy. and asked if they had a rabbit shell for sale. the guy said, "no but i know where there is a scirocco is". he told me a little about it and where it was. so i went to where it was drove it and it had the fell i was looking for. guy wanted $650 for it but after looking at it. it had been sitting there awhile. i asked him if he would take $500 and with out even thinking about it said sure. so look for it it will be running around the atlanta area. it has the typical 23 year old car blues but no rust.

can this be correct????

please remember i just got it at around 9:00 am. i will be cleaning up the bumpers soon and paint is to come later. along with some other goodies. car originally came from santa monica california

Modified by vinayak at 12:26 PM 11-1-2006

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
Re: new to me scirocco (vinayak)

looks like a great place to start.

welcome to the forum! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Re: new to me scirocco (53BGTX)

Welcome to the forum! Nice score too.

So the question is, is it a plain '83, or a Wolfsburg Edition? With the leather & power options, I'm guessing there's a good chance that it may be the latter.
As for the odometer, most likely not - I've seen them roll the first digit at odd times. I'm guessing yours probably doesn't roll consistently. (I had one that would only work below about 50 F)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts