VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to the bus world but not to the air cooled. last week i bought a 68 bus, im not sure which kind it is...it has the cabinets and the bed in back, eletrical in let on the out side, a little chair behind the drivers seat. It doesn't have the pop top thow.....I also need some information on where i could find a fidge and a sink to go behind the passengers seat. and one more thing im looking for a table that goes between the bench seat and the backwards chair.

thanks alot for any help

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: new to the bus world (lovr6wagon)

Without a pop-top, I assume it's not a Westy..... Before you begin trying to track down pieces, find out who did the camper conversion(and if it was officially done, not just pieced together by a previous owner). Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Re: new to the bus world (maximus_manx)

Bay window westies don't always have pop tops...so they only way to really tell what kind of camper it is is to find tags on the interior pieces or compare your bus interior to other bus interiors at shows, etc.
If you're not going for "correct" then I say just go to local VW shows and swap meets to look for the sink/fridge and table. Also, check out http://www.thesamba.com/vw and look in the classifieds section. Placing a want ad there will probably help you find the parts you're looking for!
Katie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: new to the bus world (Toothbrush Song)

there is a stamp on the rightside of the bust that says it is a westy made in 1967 and there is a stamp under the rear seat.....now that i know it is a westy what do i do now for the sink and fridge. also i want it low down in the weeds any help would be great

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]there is a stamp on the rightside of the bust that says it is a westy made in 1967 and there is a stamp under the rear seat.....now that i know it is a westy what do i do now for the sink and fridge. also i want it low down in the weeds any help would be great
[HR][/HR]​
You do the same thing I said in the last post...scour your local VW swap meets/car shows and maybe try junkyards if they have any old buses. Also, place a want ad on http://www.thesamba.com/vw and try looking through the for sale ads to see if anyone is selling a fridge/sink.
As for the lowering thing, I can't help ya...I prefer my bus stock height so that I can stand to ride right over the front wheels and don't end up peeing blood from it being so rough

Katie

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Re: new to the bus world (Toothbrush Song)

Get a bus boys adjustable front beam and turn your spring plates down a notch or two in the rear. Slammed bays are cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: new to the bus world (gtiordie)

he, where and how much for a bus boy adjustable.....and how much does it lower the front.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts

There's a company called bus boys, they have a website, can't remember the url. It goes for about $2-300? I think, or you can buy the adjusters and do it yourself for less. You can really slam the front as far as they will adjust. I could explain it all but it would be easier to search for bus boys and get the catalog
Maybe someone else here knows the website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts