VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if what the difference is between the standard premium audio system and optional $1000 Dynaudio system is, or is this the standard system with the sport package? If I opt for this system w/o a nav system, will the ipod dock work? If I get the nav system, w CD changer, can I still get the dock?

· Registered
2,097 Posts
Re: new to the forum and just test drove-some audio q's (jmart0124)

Dynaudio is worth it in my opinion. I'm an audiophile at heart and am very pleased with the sound I got. It's not bazooka tube bass by any means thank god.....

Dynaudio is a stand alone option, independant of Sport or Luxury and independant of NAV. AFAIK the IPOD dock works in all situations. However with NAV it comes at the cost of the CD Changer since they share the same location and interface.

· Registered
611 Posts
Re: new to the forum and just test drove-some audio q's (mark_d_drake)

Quote, originally posted by mark_d_drake »
Dynaudio is worth it in my opinion. I'm an audiophile at heart and am very pleased with the sound I got. It's not bazooka tube bass by any means thank god.....

But it can still make all the mirrors vibrate in time with the tunes when you crank it halfway up to 20

· Registered
398 Posts
Re: new to the forum and just test drove-some audio q's (mark_d_drake)

As an audiophile as well, an upgraded sound system was a must. There's a definite difference between regular and premium sound systems.
Non only one that you can hear, but one you can feel.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: new to the forum still a little confused

On the 2.0T the premium system is an option as well as the dynaudio system. If you choose the Nav system w CD changer or iPod, which audio system does that use? In other words, if I want the nav system, do I still need to choose one of the upgraded sound systems or can I choose one of them? If I don't get a nav system but get the iPod dock, how does that affect the CD changer?

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Re: new to the forum still a little confused (jmart0124)

The Dynaudio upgrade is separate from the radio choice. It consists of speakers and an amplifier. So if you get the Nav, you'd still have to pay an additional 1k for the Dynaudio if you wanted it.
The iPod connectivity replaces the external CD changer and the Aux in in the glove compartment. If you get the in-dash CD changer, having the iPod does nothing to that changer as it is built into the head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.