VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am new to this forum and I guess Ill start out by posting pics of my ride. Its a 97 Jetta GLS. take a look.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (MIJETTA)

welcome, im new to the mk3 forum too, maybe we can be friends
?? hahah
nice ride!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (98DUB)

nice starting block, oh and you are going to have a lot of people tell you to resize those pics

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (Maceman)

Quote, originally posted by Maceman »
nice starting block, oh and you are going to have a lot of people tell you to resize those pics

Even more saying to drop it.

I predict atleast 12 on a good day, with my goading probally more.

BTW: That is one shiney arse car... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for good house keeping.

Modified by FroOch at 11:00 PM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
9,086 Posts
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (lowandslow)

Quote, originally posted by lowandslow »
buying rims from pep boys is always a great start.....

The fact that you know where they came from scares me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (lowandslow)

Quote, originally posted by GriffinMoss »

The fact that you know where they came from scares me.

Hey thanks. Im glad you are an upbeat person that welcomes every new guy so warmly. You must be the cool guy that everyone flocks to and wants to be like. Give me a few days of looking through your posts and Ill start saying stupid $hit about you car. Yeah they are Pep boys rims that I got for $50 each about 2 years ago. They look ok and they roll. Hey what a concept. Maybe I should have just kept the 14 inchers that it had on it and kept the pepboys wheels in the closet I pulled them out of. Man what insight. I think Ill just have to quit my job divorce my wife and hell get a new family because it might not be what you like. Im glad that you replied to my post, because with out it I wouldnt have realized what a moron I am......

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MIJETTA »

Hey thanks. Im glad you are an upbeat person that welcomes every new guy so warmly. You must be the cool guy that everyone flocks to and wants to be like. Give me a few days of looking through your posts and Ill start saying stupid $hit about you car. Yeah they are Pep boys rims that I got for $50 each about 2 years ago. They look ok and they roll. Hey what a concept. Maybe I should have just kept the 14 inchers that it had on it and kept the pepboys wheels in the closet I pulled them out of. Man what insight. I think Ill just have to quit my job divorce my wife and hell get a new family because it might not be what you like. Im glad that you replied to my post, because with out it I wouldnt have realized what a moron I am......

Wow his second post and he's already talking like a texer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (Maceman)

Quote, originally posted by Maceman »

Hey thanks. The pictures have been resized. I appreciate all of you guys who replied. I know its pretty much stock looking but I love my Jetta. The silver P5 was originally my car and the Jetta was my wifes but I decided to let my wife have it because the Jetta needed a little more attention since its a little older. I always loved the way the MK3's look and I am slowly cleaning it up and will soon start to make more mods. As you have noticed the first mod I did was the Trunk emblem. I thought the old emblems look nasty and for $11 it makes the rear end look newer and cleaner.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (joezeeuw)

Hey bro, you're gonna need to tone the attitude down a bit. If you had to reply to every smart ass comment made about your car, you would never see the light of day http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: New to the forum Pics of my ride (snohobo)

Quote, originally posted by snohobo »
Hey bro, you're gonna need to tone the attitude down a bit. If you had to reply to every smart ass comment made about your car, you would never see the light of day http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Welcome.

Im new to this forum but not to the forum scene so I apologize if I came across a little strong. But Its tough not to say something when you are a new person not trying to brag and not being a prick and then someone who thinks hes better then you even though you dont know who they are has to come and make you feel like your worthless and might as well not even be part of the forum. I agree with you that people will say what ever but there are plenty of other newbies saying stupid stuff like "electronic turbo, do you think they work?" with out doing a search to rag on.

Modified by MIJETTA at 2:45 AM 7-1-2003

Modified by MIJETTA at 2:47 AM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MIJETTA »

But Its tough not to say something when you are a new person not trying to brag and not being a prick and then someone who thinks hes better then you even though you dont know who they are has to come and make you feel like your worthless and might as well not even be part of the forum.

OMG what a long sentence!!!

Yea, I understand where you're coming from. People here are very opinionated, but you should also see people's post counts before calling them noobs who ask about electric turbos (although post count really means nothing about maturity levels)
Anyways, good start on the car, f*ck everybody who is too close minded to appreciate jumping up a size or 2 in wheels that actually look halfway-decent for PepBoys wheels...
PS. Drop that ish man!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts