VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded my 83 Jetta for an very clean 84 mk2 golf
uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170216/8a19045e5f530d9d2851a2dc7bad436f.png[/IMG]

And I really like the way a westy front end looks, and you really don't see those over here much,

so I'm wondering what parts I need to get to do this swap? Just a grill and headlight and do some custom work? Or do I need the core support as well?

I don't mind doing some custom work just need to know what parts to get since they are probably going to have to be shipped from overseas....

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
275 Posts
We don't see them over here that much either, the westmoreland grill was only on 1985 and 1986 Golfs. You'll need the core support, grill, sealed beam headlights and the 3 pin headlight bulb connectors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't see them over here that much either, the westmoreland grill was only on 1985 and 1986 Golfs. You'll need the core support, grill, sealed beam headlights and the 3 pin headlight bulb connectors.
Thanks so much, I've found a Dutch forum thread of a few people making there own buy taking a golf and a Jetta mk2 grille and plastic welding or glueing them together and use Suzuki alto headlights I have a step by step "guide" so I'm going to try doing that probably

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.