VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with my service manager as I called for an update on my parts issue for my remote range issue. He said he spoke to the regional manager and he said there is another TSB for the remote that should be coming out shortly. He said this supercedes all the others. Also mentioned to him about my squeky brakes. He said he would take a look at it. But he seems to think it normal at 8000 miles. I don't agree.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: New TSB for Remote Range problem (spikeital)

Tell your service manager that it is not normal for the breaks to squeak at 8K. I brought mine in at 7K with squeaky breaks. They balked at first about doing anything about it, but once I convinced them to take it for a spin, they saw the light. It was very embarassing pulling up to a stop light and hearing that sound. They replaced the entire breaks NO CHARGE.
I have noticed that some on this forum have been charged for their 5k service, again mine was free. It seems that individual dealerships have their own standards.
Peace

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New TSB for Remote Range problem (starcitytreg)

When you say replaced, what did they actually replace? Caliper, Rotors, and pads? Or just some of it?
Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts

Does the remote range issue apply to the convenience package only or the standard remote as well. I find I often have to press unlock twice, but it seems to be unrelated to distance. I was assuming I just needed to press harder. I don't have convenience.

·
Registered
135 Posts

From the invoice: Removed and Install new Front Brake Discs(7l6-615-301-D & 7L6-615-302-D,Brake Lining (7LO-698-151-D) AND 2-SENDER (7LO-907-637).
This has so far eliminated the squeak.
Hope this helps
Peace

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: New TSB for Remote Range problem (starcitytreg)

From that it sounds like they only replaced Front Discs, Brake liners and Sender.
What are the brake liners and senders??
Problem with mine is I think the rears are squeaking not the fronts.

·
Registered
47,373 Posts

Quote, originally posted by spikeital »
What are the brake liners and senders??

Brake pads and wear indicators.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Even if they are the rear, your dealership should repair them under the warranty... do not take no for an answer. I suggest that you insist the service tech ride with you because in my case, my service rep said they could not find/hear the noise. I asked if they took it out for a test drive(long silence) then he said no!!!! I insisted that he take it out and low and behold, Mr. Starcity you are correct there is squeaking noise coming from your breaks. This vehicle should have no unusal noise coming out from it except the engine purring.
Good Luck

·
Registered
629 Posts
Re: New TSB for Remote Range problem (xplay)

Quote, originally posted by xplay »
Does the remote range issue apply to the convenience package only or the standard remote as well. I find I often have to press unlock twice, but it seems to be unrelated to distance. I was assuming I just needed to press harder. I don't have convenience.

Nobody answered this question... after all the title of the thread is about the TSB

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: New TSB for Remote Range problem (spockcat)

Thanks Spockcat. That is what I thought but liners and senders threw me off.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
At my dealership, we have been running the antenna wire from behind the radio (old TSB) up the drivers side A pillar and along the top of the drivers side doors. Been getting really good range. Almost 40 ft in most directions, except the rear. About 20 ft out back. But that is still better from what it usually is. Check it out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: (rookdubdoc)

What Dealership are you using, Boucher in Racine tells me 5 feet is the max I should get. The service manager says that 40 feet or even 20 for that mater is unheard of. I brought him the TSB and he refuses to do it, he claims it has already been done. I bought it in Aug. of last year and I know it was never done while I've had it, however he claims it was done prior to delivery and that 5 feet is all the range I should get. Its impossible to get them to do anything there, I'm thinking I need to change dealers.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Re: (zoomintoo)

Yes, you probably should find a new dealer. In the mean time, have the dealer show you the service history of your vehicle to prove to you this TSB (exact same number) was done. When he says he can't because it was done in port, point out to him the date of the TSB - if you have the most recent, it has a date of 4-April-2004 - well after you had taken delivery.
Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
47,373 Posts

Since the TSB that works only came out on February 11, 2004 (TSB 57-04-01) and has been revised 3 times since then (now called TSB 57-04-04), you should ask him how it was done prior to delivery. If he still balks, find another dealer and stop going to that one. They don't deserve your business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: (spockcat)

Well he now claims that according to his supervisor, the TSB does not pertain to my vin number, and if done it will only add a 2 to 3 foot extended range. I asked him to call other dealers around this area as some people are reporting ranges above 20 feet. He has now assured me that his supervisor is the foremost authority in this area and according to him anything above a 10 foot range is just unbelievable, however even though it doesn't pertain to my vin number ( 008xxx ) he will perform and pay for the TSB to keep me happy. At this point I thanked him as 10 feet will double my range.

·
Registered
47,373 Posts

What an A$$! The TSB didn't specify a VIN range. You really should find another dealer who you can work with on a friendly basis.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: (spockcat)

I'm not sure.... actually I am certain that if it were my car I would not let them work on this TSB. Particularly if yours is going to be the first one that they are doing.
I would call around... find another dealer who is aware of the TSB and who has actually performed it already. The next best option is if they are at least friendly and WILLING to do the TSB yours could be their first.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts