VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought TT's stainless 2.5" with 2 Borla mufflers for my G60 and just got it on this weekend. The sound is incredible. Not to loud, nice deep rumble. Recommend it for anyone looking for a new exhaust. I had the Eurosport exhaust before (PO) with 1 resonator and muffler and thought it was way to loud. I can actually here my G60 better now!!! Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (dkirsch)

How was the install?? A few people that I know have had problems with everything lining up. Maybe it was just because they have MK4s
I love the sound of them though

·
Registered
230 Posts

I concur. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I just put one on a few weeks ago. Awesome sound.
"How was the install?? A few people that I know have had problems with everything lining up. Maybe it was just because they have MK4s I love the sound of them though"
I didn't think the install was that tough (removal of the old system sucked) but I did have to line it up a couple of times to get it right.

Modified by g60beerburner at 4:13 PM 4-23-2006

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (g60beerburner)

I have the TT 2.5 stainless also and I love it. I had a shop put it on cause the old stuff was rusting off when I got the car.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (DarkDragon)

I'm curious when you say two mufflers... is that the muffler and a resonator, or is that a borla mid muffler? Also I will be getting this exaust soon and wonder about which I should go with... the 2.25" or the 2.5" It's a g60 and I am running a 2.25" right now, but will be modding this thing pretty heavily... any recomondations from people who have gone from one to the other?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (VWRADDO)

I think what he means is the TT cat-back system with 2 resonators and a borla muffler. They have the stainless and the aluminized in both 2.25 and 2.5. I have a silenced lysholm and stage 4 setup, so I went with the 2.5. Reading the "experts" though, there seems to be some debate about the relationship between diamater and performance. As for going from one to the other, I don't know. Mine was stock before I changed it.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (VWRADDO)

Quote, originally posted by VWRADDO »
I'm curious when you say two mufflers... is that the muffler and a resonator, or is that a borla mid muffler? Also I will be getting this exaust soon and wonder about which I should go with... the 2.25" or the 2.5" It's a g60 and I am running a 2.25" right now, but will be modding this thing pretty heavily... any recomondations from people who have gone from one to the other?

It is a dual resonator with a borla on my 2.5. Depending on mods, you may just want to go with the 2.5 like I did, even though she was stock when I purchased it. I did loose some torque, but once I went with a 268/260, a 68, and an SnS stg 4 chip I think it was the thing to do, I still have plans of going lysholm with larger injectors and maybe a different cam in the future.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (DarkDragon)

Right on... I am actually doing about the same thing. I have a custom chip coming from SNS, stg IV charger from KK, 68mm pulley, 30# inj., p&p head with 268 TT cam... as well as a header and some flywheel and crank work. This is all gonna be in by summer... I'm hoping
. I just don't like the drone at highway speeds I get right now and am not sure about running with 1 or both resonators. Thanks for the input... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: New TT Exhaust (g60beerburner)

Actually it's the catback system with a mid borla muffler and a 2nd rear borla muffler (No resonators, 2 mufflers) TT's part number 252.332x. Kinda new setup, was only offered for the VR6 before but now they also sell it for G60's.
Went on great, only problem I have is a rattle from a loose heat shield on the cat. I forgot to take it off when I was under there.

Modified by dkirsch at 12:56 PM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
178 Posts

I just put on the 2.5" Borla setup. The whole system went on great except for the tip. It didn't line up with the bumper cut out at all. I put the stock tip back on instead. Love the sound though!

·
Registered
230 Posts

Cool. Do you have any idea what the difference in sound is between this one and the dual resonators? I'd imagine it would sound even better.

·
Banned
4,305 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (Corrado SLC NL)

tt exhausts kick ass, i have one on my rado and i love it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,237 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (mk_ultra')

i am planning on doing a 2.5 borla in there. whats the deal with the mid borla? i bet that would sound hot.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (pueblorrado)

Don't know about everyone else, but the one thing that bugs me about my SS exhaust is the snap-crackle-pop noises as the metal cools when the car sits idling.

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: New TT Exhaust (coraggio)

Quote, originally posted by coraggio »
Don't know about everyone else, but the one thing that bugs me about my SS exhaust is the snap-crackle-pop noises as the metal cools when the car sits idling.

Metal expands and contracts, not much you can do about that..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts