VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drawing on the success of the TB1007 for the Audi TT and the GOLFIND for the VW Golf / Jetta models, Forge Motorsport now has a direct replacement for the OEM turbo inlet for the B5 & B6 platform Audi A4 1.8T. Features including multilayer, reinforced construction, smooth internal design and better flow characteristics help to optimize airflow and improve performance. Fitment is a direct OEM replacement for B5 platform vehicles (97-01). Fitment will require 5/16th “T” adapter for B6 vehicles (02-03). A separate hose is being developed for B6 vehicles 04< and should be available in 6-8 weeks. MSRP is $156.00 plus shipping
These are not listed on our website yet so if you would like to order please call 407-447-5363

Modified by Forge Motorsport at 7:16 PM 9/28/2004

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: (k2bum)

heh, if you consider $160 a lot when it comes to modding an A4, then I've got some bad news for you....
Also 1) I'm pretty sure the stock hose runs around that price 2) have you ever felt how hot the stock hose gets?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: (Zodiak)

I understand the costs of modding an A4, that's not the issue. I was just wondering whether or not I would be paying for a $160 pretty colored tube, or if it actually made a difference in the way that the car drives or feels. If it does that then I would spend the money, just had a few questions about it before I spend the money that's all.

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (k2bum)

Quote, originally posted by k2bum »
Just out of curiousity what does this do for performance? Anything? What is it's purpose other than looking cool?

The corrugated / accordion style ribbing molded into the OEM hose tends to disrupt air flow. The internal surface of the Forge hose is completely smooth allowing for much better flow characteristics leading to better performance. One would typically see improved CFM smoother acceleration under high load and improved top end performance.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
It should be more then worth it. If it is even half of what the gains are on a tansvers 1.8s then it is one of the best $/power products out there... I will be getting one without a doubt. Will they be available at h20?
Plus the sound of the turbo spool is increased a goodbit

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Re: (98a4)

Quote, originally posted by 98a4 »
Plus the sound of the turbo spool is increased a goodbit

If this is true then it is definately worth the cheddar!

Is there any magic number you can give me to lure me in for the purchase? 5hp gain or more please.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: (maniac_productions)

havent heard of the gains this tube can produce but i am one of those guys lookin to squeeze all the power he can from a stock turbo and this could be right up my ally. pricey for just one tube, id consider it if a dec group buy was in place!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Re: (QuickGLX)

Quote, originally posted by QuickGLX »

If this is true then it is definately worth the cheddar!

Is there any magic number you can give me to lure me in for the purchase? 5hp gain or more please.....

I'm going to order mine anyday now... I'll let you know... but 5hp doesnt seem out of the picture... top end should be helped and the turbo will DEF be louder... Just look at the VW 1.8ts with a samco TIP...they sound so nice...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.