VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mk7.5 2018 GTI Autobahn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to have the windshield replaced in my mk7.5 2018 GTI Autobahn. They said they replaced the gel pack for the sensor but it doesn't look great. Anything I can do myself to fix this, or should I just have them replace the gel again?

Did some googling/searching on this topic but surprisingly didn't find much about this car/sensor in particular. My old Saab suffered endless auto-wiper glitches due to poor sensor installation after a windshield replacement, I'd hate to go through that again with such a relatively low-mileage car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2009 CC Lux, 2017 CC R-Line
116 Posts
When I had the window replaced in my 2009 CC, the tech didn't do a good job of cleaning and reattaching the rain sensor. I called the glass company and spoke with the supervisor. He made arrangements to have their most experienced tech come out and redo the work. It's worked perfectly every since.

·
Registered
mk7.5 2018 GTI Autobahn
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I had the window replaced in my 2009 CC, the tech didn't do a good job of cleaning and reattaching the rain sensor. I called the glass company and spoke with the supervisor. He made arrangements to have their most experienced tech come out and redo the work. It's worked perfectly every since.
Thanks, yeah, that's my plan now. My sensor has actually gotten worse since I took that photo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts