VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb Question - Torque steering

Soo.. Before I had my car worked on it would pull to the right a little when I mashed the gas.. Now, Going 80-90 if I touch the gas it pulls to the right and when I take my foot off of it... it (snaps is to strong of a word but) it snaps back to the left. Also going 80+ it feels like the front-end is not planted very well. Don't really remember it having that problem before.
Work I just had done was, replaced the timing chain, tensioner, Timing sensor, and a bit more.. don't have the write up on me.
Its pickup is a lot better now though

This common for a VR6?

Modified by lantash at 7:24 PM 6-30-2008

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re: Newb Question - Torque steering (lantash)

get an alignment and see if that helps your problem and get underneath and look at all the bushings and boots in the steering and suspension system. make sure no boots or bushings are worn or tern

·
Banned
9,394 Posts
FV-QR

As crazy as it sounds make sure you have no subframe bolts missing...somehow two of mine fell out while i was driving. Luckily I was on my way to get an alignment and thats where it got noticed

Chris

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Re: Newb Question - Torque steering (Tagless)

Quote, originally posted by Tagless »
high speed balance ur wheels too

what does that have to do with a difference in pull when on/off throttle.....sounds like a suspension bushing or something got left loose...is there any vibration when on/off throttle????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts