VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I finally did it! I am switching from honda/toyota's to VW. A couple observations, and questions.
1. Does VW not want my money ? I tried to buy a United Gray GTI w/ Pkg 2 and Sirius (dont care about the sat. radio) and 17" ( i wanna upgrade the rims later) I went to dealership with 6k CASH to buy it, apparently they dont have it and i have to order and I will get in July hopefully..

2. DRL?!?! Man .. but going in that direction .. Is it hard to get the VAG software and the cable for my car? I have seen the programming notes and it doesn't seem to difficult.
3. Height, I would like to drop the car w/out loosing alot of ride quality, I live in Houston and don't wish to experience the quality of roads on my hour drive daily.

4. Anyone in houston meet up regularly? Anyone have dealerships in houston that they would recommend?
Thanks for your help !!!

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Re: Newbie! Houston, TX. (obiwanvw)

Quote, originally posted by obiwanvw »

1. Does VW not want my money ? I tried to buy a United Gray GTI w/ Pkg 2 and Sirius (dont care about the sat. radio) and 17" ( i wanna upgrade the rims later) I went to dealership with 6k CASH to buy it, apparently they dont have it and i have to order and I will get in July hopefully..

What trans do you want? I've got that exact car here with DSG, but I doubt you want to drive up here....

If you let me know which trans you want, I'll look in the VW locator and see if there's one by you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Oh, and VW does want your money, but the dealers order the cars, so if no dealer ordered it, or they all got sold, bam, no cars for you!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Re: Newbie! Houston, TX. (TURBO PAUL)

hey man, check out http://www.dubspeedracing.com and http://www.europeanag.com. houston based vw/audi clubs. europeanag meets up on the first friday of every month at mission burritos in the heights. i've yet to go out to one, but i hear up to 40 vw's show up every week.

as for the dealerships, its kinda hard to recommend one over the others. i think they all pretty much suck. my family's bought two cars from archer vw, and haven't had any complaints.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Newbie! Houston, TX. (obiwanvw)

Hi Obiwan:
Welcome! Good to see some fellow Houstonians on here..
1. Not sure how to answer this question, guess youll just have to wait until your car comes in.

2. Havent really searched for a Vagcom yet, but I'm sure there are at least a handful in the Houston area.
3. I used Vogltand Sport springs on my 05.5 MkV Jetta. The roads can be bad anyway and I dont find it unbearable on certain roads (ie: Kirby)
4. I bought mine from Archer VW (59S & BW8) and have been very pleased with the service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, one of the ports is here in Houston. I went to Clear Lake VW and they traded another dealer for my Candy White pkg 1. Got if same day, they just went to port and got it. Have not seen 1 GTI on road, got it 3/21 took it to WV and 'Tail of the Dragon' in TN and now have 6000 miles. Call Bill Heck, and hey Houston people lets meet up and start us a lil ol MK5GTI club. I had 4 MINIs and we were always getting together for track times and drives. I'm in Lg. City

1 - 6 of 6 Posts