VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying my V6 Touareg for a week now. Still have a lot to learn - thanks for the posts of Touareg "Easter eggs!"

I have noted two mysterious sounds from my vehicle. The first is a whirring noise when I unlock it and open the driver's side door. Almost sounds like something is adjusting itself.
The second is the sound of a fan blowing after I turn the car off. No, it is not the heat retention button, but something else...
-ddog

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Re: Newbie questions (marcpotash)

Its normal (both) or at least I have them too..
At any rate when opening could be either the fuel pump as said, or the memory alignment for the seats and mirrors (or all three).
The fan in the end I beleive are fans that cool down the components in the MFI and Nav...
Not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Re: Newbie questions (Uriah)

Quote, originally posted by Uriah »
Its normal (both) or at least I have them too..
At any rate when opening could be either the fuel pump as said, or the memory alignment for the seats and mirrors (or all three).
The fan in the end I beleive are fans that cool down the components in the MFI and Nav...
Not 100% sure though.

I think Uri's right because I only seem to get the fan when I use the NAV or play some tunes. If I don't use the Nav/CD player/radio, I get no fan noise.
Meat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts