VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just started driving and i have a 1990 golf gl. I was wondering if anyone knows some websites where i can buy aftermarket parts for my car. Or if anyone has reccomendations on cool things to do with my car thanks.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Re: (90_golf)

there are several different management systems that came stock in our cars. some have fuel rails and junk and other just constantly squirt fuel and junk. some can be chipped, others can be enriched. some people like what they have and others don't. the nice thing about the digi is that it will support small amounts of boost from a turbo system - a completely other side of the coin. do a couple of searches or read through the FAQ on here, you will gain a good perspective of our cars, as well as the potential of them.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o and how do the headlight conversions work. I have the larger square headlights, and i would like to get a new grill so i have single round, how does this work?

·
Registered
39,340 Posts

get quad rounds, bbs wheels, recaros, and a vr6 or 16v, and be like everyone else on here...
seriously, welcome to the vortex, do what you want to your car, and dont let the people tell you otherwise....

·
Banned
777 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 90_golf »
o and how do the headlight conversions work. I have the larger square headlights, and i would like to get a new grill so i have single round, how does this work?

youll need grill, lights and rad support for round lights.. you can usually find a whole setup on here for cheap and it takes maybe a half hour for the swap

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: (SteveC)

Seriously, do what YOU want with your car. I've tinkered the idea when my trusty 8v blows up (ya, right) that I'd swap a VR or something... but realisticly I'll just get an ABA bottom etc etc...
My car is ... ummm... rough. It's my daily driver. I drive it roughly 1000km/week I use it for work. I love it. I have different gauge faces, smoked tails, Pslot rims, black headliner, relocated stereo and some more goodies that make my care my own. Oh ya, don't mind the cat, he likes to drive, but don't piss him off.

edit: Oh ya, I have flares on (the front in that pic) as I have some rust on the rear.
1990 8v 4dr Golf LAIZ (light sahara metallic). Love it.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: (slumberbunny)

Quote, originally posted by slumberbunny »
Oh ya, don't mind the cat, he likes to drive, but don't piss him off.

bahh hahahaha

Toonces

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: (sidekick_tonto)

Quote, originally posted by sidekick_tonto »

bahh hahahaha

Toonces

I loved toonces. Teehee. Actually, it's really one of my cats. I have tons of weird pictures of things he does. Cats.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: (SteveC)

Quote, originally posted by SteveC »
http://www.parts4vws.com

Doh! How could I have forgotten that in my list!!! I must have been retarded yesterday!

Modified by CrazyMonkey at 6:17 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok when i first got my car it needed engine work. he said it jumped a timing belt. but also, it would only run with 3 plugs in it not 4. i set the timing, but it still doesnt turn over, what do u thinks wrong. i did a spark test in every cylinder and all thats ok. i got great compression in every cylinder, please help me lol ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts