VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a gorgeous 2005 V8 model with 38,XXX miles on Friday in another state. I just finished driving it home (1,000 miles away) and it's been incredible.

I have been debating for months on whether I should take the plunge and buy a Phaeton. After reading many of the postings (especially Pan European's), I went for it. Thanks all for contributing your knowledge and experience to this forum!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
970 Posts
I picked up an off-lease 2006 W12 in September with 30,800 on the clock, almost immaculate condition. I'm not sure what the previous driver was (or wasn't) doing with it. I've been all over the place on business recently, so I've just rolled it over 35,000.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here are a couple of pics. Once the weather gets better, I'll wash it and take better photos.

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2011/11/signed-sealed-and-delivered.html

http://karakullake.blogspot.com/2011/11/two-vee-dubs.html

I've looked long and hard and this is the only Phaeton for sale in the last 6 months with less than 40,000 miles.

I picked it up in Arizona. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Congratulations on the purchase! It's always nice to welcome a new owner to the neighborhood.

Damon

·
Registered
970 Posts
... and I forgot to say welcome. :) The table of contents in this forum is a goldmine. I've already touched up a couple minor issues and I've installed push-button start courtesy of the hard work and research of the other forum members here.

·
Registered
585 Posts
@dlouie: Thanks! Any recommendations for shops that do Phaeton work in the Bay Area (preferably East Bay)?
I've interviewed a few dealers here on the West side and none inspire my confidence. I drove to San Jose (Capitol Volkswagen, ask for Chris G.) from San Francisco to have some major work done. If you spoke to Chris, you would know why I brought it to him. Choose you techs carefully. I'd be happy to discuss my experiences. Drop me a PM. BTW we didn't catch your name.

Damon

·
Registered
97 Posts
No I don't know if he was/is a forum member. Having been a regular visitor on this forum I learnt a great deal about this car here, I wanted a phaeton so badly that I was basically looking at neighboring craigslist car listings. And thats when I found the phaeton listed in the phoenix craigslist. I was about to fly over there when I happened to come across a 2005 v8 in ventura, la with 42,xxx miles fully loaded with every available option. I opted for that one instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.