VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: newest mod :D (MikeBlaze)

yeah that is what neuspeed wrote on the instruction sheet, get the bushing lube once a year

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MikeBlaze »
keep the bushings lubed.

Or replace with a [SHINE]real[/SHINE] bar

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Re: newest mod :D (BlueGTIguy)

Quote, originally posted by BlueGTIguy »

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BlueGTIguy »

Alright.. I'll bite. Why?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: newest mod :D (ramylson)

Because it's better
. Doesn't add unsprung weight and is stiffer...
I just installed the Real Street suspension on my car yesterday, minus the bar.....wasn't in the mood for all that drilling. Going for an alignment today. Good stuff so far...I can only imagine what it's like with the wheels aligned and the rear bar in. Holy crap....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ramylson »

No bushings http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Re: newest mod :D (VW97Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »
I just installed the Real Street suspension on my car yesterday, minus the bar.....wasn't in the mood for all that drilling. Going for an alignment today. Good stuff so far...I can only imagine what it's like with the wheels aligned and the rear bar in. Holy crap....

Congrats!! Hey, I'm interested in reading a review. Let me know when you post up http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

LIke blue said no bushings to worry about lubing, no moving parts to worry about freezing (these two are big if you have salt on your roads in winter), also no binding at all.
My Autotech bar is damn near toast after 2 winters-old non-adjustable design. When I get the scratch a shine bar is going in.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: newest mod :D (VW97Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »
Because it's better
. Doesn't add unsprung weight and is stiffer...

Well.. guess that's why I have your old Autotech bar, 'ey?

Actually, I've been really surprised and impressed with the Autotech unit (of course, it hasn't seen any winters yet). Stiffer rear, making the car more stable under agressive turns. I could only image what the shine unit would produce, and I can definitely see the advantage over the non-moving parts..
So, what would one lube the bushings with? I don't believe Autotech recommended anything in their instruction sheet.. so, some silicone based lubricant?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts

Yeah....I've been planning on getting the Shine suspension for quite some time, which is why I sold my Autotech bar
. When I was putting on my summer tires last week, I heard the back suspension creaking sooooo bad when I was jacking up the car, I knew I couldn't put it off any longer.
Shop was able to adjust the toe, but not the camber - said something about one of my strut caps being shot.....not quite sure how that's possible, but that's beside the point. Installed new strut bearings obviously....

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

I use a silicone spray. I've heard of a trick, wrapping the bar under the bushings with teflon tape (I think teflon) then apply grease to the tape before you install the bar. Supposed to keep the grease on there longer. Never tried it though. The Silicone never seems to last too long.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

Little late with the teflon trick, but worth a mention for everyone else I guess.
How often to you find yourself adding lubrication to the pivot points? And, do you only do this to the bushings themselves?

·
Registered
823 Posts

I got the Lightweight AutoTech 28mm bar and its really light not even 5lbs super hollow and its super tight around the bends.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

How often to you find yourself adding lubrication to the pivot points? And, do you only do this to the bushings themselves?

I usually do it every time I change oil. Seems like it's dry enough then to warrant it.
I spray on the bar itself but try to spray between the bar and bushing to see if I can get any under the bushine if possible. I also spray the endlinks while i'm there.

·
Registered
668 Posts

ok im really interested again: how much do you guys running with these bars feel the difference, and where could one acquire one of them there Shine bars??

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Actually, I've been really surprised and impressed with the Autotech unit (of course, it hasn't seen any winters yet). Stiffer rear, making the car more stable under agressive turns. I could only image what the shine unit would produce, and I can definitely see the advantage over the non-moving parts..
So, what would one lube the bushings with? I don't believe Autotech recommended anything in their instruction sheet.. so, some silicone based lubricant?

this is the only point I didn't know... lube bushing as often as you guys are talkin about...
but for road testin comments... Day and night difference, as noticeable as stock suspension and dropped suspension !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts