VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you may know the car from h2o or other shows, alot of you probably dont. first ill throw up pics of a little time line of how the car has come along since i have owned it. then on with what im up to right now. i will try to update the thread as regularly as i can. hope you guys enjoy

the day i brought it home

first few things were the usual... badgeless, grill spoiler, suspension, tint, exc... threw on a carbon hood and shaved the markers out of the front bumper for good measure.

ran it like that for a year, then started getting a little more serious. next up was better suspension. H&R race w/ bilstein HD's, and decided it was time for a decent set of rollers. RXII's with powdercoated red barrels, pearl black centers, and bbs caps to finish them off.

next up was to make the engine bay a little cleaner. shaved a few brackets/studs and moved some of the harness around to clean things up a bit. moved the battery to the trunk while i was at it.

then came some bodywork for the outside. shaved the rear body panel and the exhaust cutout in the rear bumper.

the last few touches before h2oI last year were red calipers and a 90mm lip

here are a few from h2oI. managed to get 3rd place in corrado mild, which was a huge suprise to me since the rados owned h2o last year.

and finally how it sits today

most everything is out. only thing left to do is unbolt the mounts and drop the motor out. the plans are full motor rebuild with some go fast stuff, along with a smoothed and tucked bay. probably some more body work somewhere along the ling as well. i guess we will see how carried away i get

like i said i will try to keep this updated, the plan is to have it ready for h2oI this year http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FV-QR (dasbeast3.0)

Yeah it will probably stay n/a for this year at least. Eventually id like to find a z-engineering charger for it, i think they are kind of novel.

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Re: FV-QR (vdubmike2)

Quote, originally posted by vdubmike2 »
Eventually id like to find a z-engineering charger for it, i think they are kind of novel.

Put a G-Lader on it it'll make moar powa

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: FV-QR (ein)

Quote, originally posted by ein »
Put a G-Lader on it it'll make moar powa

this build is costing me enough as it is, i dont need a g-lader sucking me dry on top of it

im still toying with the idea of an eaton though

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Re: next phase of the build.. (vdubmike2)

Like what you are doing with the Corrado. If you need help let me know I'm about 2 hrs away and like helping out corrado folks in the area. What do you have sitting the garage and is that your MK1 Scirocco?

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Re: next phase of the build.. (vwscream)

Quote, originally posted by vwscream »
Like what you are doing with the Corrado. If you need help let me know I'm about 2 hrs away and like helping out corrado folks in the area. What do you have sitting the garage and is that your MK1 Scirocco?

That house is a revolving door or Volkswagens, they always have something cool going on there.

Look'n good Mike! When you're done you can do mine!!

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: next phase of the build.. (Wirbelsturm.VW)

Quote, originally posted by Wirbelsturm.VW »
Bay looks money http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks dude, im getting excited to put it back together and i havent even started smoothing the bay yet

Quote, originally posted by VDub285 »
saw this car at Big Ohio last summer. didnt realize you were a ways from home. super clean car.

Yeah i was going to school in Cleveland at the time, you wouldnt believe how many people asked me if i really drove all the way from WI. for big ohio

Quote, originally posted by vwscream »

that pic is a few years old, the black g60 in the garage got sold 3 years ago or so. it was a rusty pile of crap that had waayyy too many previous owners hack it together.. the rocco was my dads and got sold last year.

Quote, originally posted by kjperry »
That house is a revolving door or Volkswagens, they always have something cool going on there.

Look'n good Mike! When you're done you can do mine!!

Ha thanks Kev, we like to try to keep people guessing

give me a shout when your car is ready, ill swing down and knock it out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (WiSatman)

I remember that car being for sale. i was going to go take a look at it but decided i needed a reliable daily instead.. not another money pit haha

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Re: (vdubmike2)

I remember that car being for sale. i was going to go take a look at it but decided i needed a reliable daily instead.. not another money pit haha

What did you get for a daily? Your dad said you guys were going to look at a GLI.
I have some work on the wagon that I need done if you guys are interested. When I was up a couple of weeks ago I mentioned it to your dad. Are you coming down tomorrow night? If so we'll talk.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (kjperry)

Havent picked up anything yet, nothing has really caught my eye and the few i have looked at have been piles. I should get out of work early enough tomorrow to make it down, but if i dont you can just shoot me a PM about what your looking to have done http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: FV-QR (PapioGXL)

sweet, what are your plans for the new one?
updated pics tomorrow motor is finally out

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.