VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car purchased 2/28/2015 from Brian Munoz at Hansel VW in Santa Rosa CA. It is a launch car and I got the car at invoice so it was worth the flight up from Los Angeles. I just am using this thread to keep my postings centralized, something I should have done a while ago but oh well.

Before taking delivery I had the dealer tint the windows with Pinnacle Ceramic - 40% on sides, 30% on the rear window and Llumar airblue80 on the windshield. I also had them wrap the roof in an aluminum finish which was awful and I removed it a few days later. Lastly they had a detailer apply Opti-Coat Pro.

Current Mods:

Engine / DSG:
Wheels/Brakes/Suspension
Exterior/Interior
Now for some pics - chronological

Delivery day!

A couple of days after getting her home - removed the roof wrap and installed the BBS LMR's :heart:

VWR Intake installed!

A couple of days after the VWR springs were installed:

And the alignment:

S2T Paddles

Milltek DP waiting to be installed:

VWR BBK Installed (this is a carryover from my MK6 - they were red I made them black):

Fastivus 2015 Track Day:

Euro HIDs installed! No more orange! w00r!

Painted rear bumper reflectors. Subtle but me like:

034 Motorsports Dogbone insert installed:

Here are a couple of shots from the "Last Sunday" get togethers which happen here in LA the last Sunday of every month:

Future mods:
  • Intercooler - Waiting to see APRs offering but an upgraded unit is a must in the summer when pushing the car.
  • Big Turbo - Waiting to see what is going to be available.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sexy time!

Baller build with top notch mods that I approve with two thumbs up. Sub'd for updates!
:thumbup::thumbup:
Sneeky!! I burst out laughing on the train after seeing this .gif!! Everyone currently staring at me as I type this Hahaha My sentiments exactly lol. Car is looking very nice niksub1! :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I can see why you removed the wrap from the roof, but left the mirrors, Lapiz would look good with CF mirror caps or Piano Black. ;)

I like those paddle extenders, but the cost is out of my range to spend and aluminum get's hot as hell here in the Summer. I want CF but cannot find any that are great quality.

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see why you removed the wrap from the roof, but left the mirrors...
The mirrors aren't wrapped, they are the Euro mirror caps... I had visions of the roof wrap matching the mirrors properly and the finish looking like last years Mclaren F1 finish :p I phailed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you cover the orange section of the headlight with some tint or something before you installed the Euro headlights? If so, why'd you switch? Im looking for some kind of solution - I can't stand the orange either...

Otherwise, awesome car :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
did you also get yours @ invoice?

i thought launch cars wouldve been marked up a bit more :confused:
I think a majority of the preorder crowd got invoice pricing. The way the preorder was set up gave a lot of leverage to the buyer. It was just a matter of calling around to see who wanted to make a quick sale. Also I'm sure that timing of the 2016 models played a factor. I wouldn't fret too much, though. Invoice isn't that far off from MSRP.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Any chance you would have this picture in high-resolution? I'm in need for a new wallpaper to help me with the long 7-months wait and your car is absolutely stunning!

1 - 20 of 266 Posts