VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
501 - 520 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
any tips on how to transfer the white grommet from the old mirror assembly to the new one would be appreciated.

for the life of me, i can't figure out how to get that big honking connector through the small hole without
tearing the grommet in half.

i thought about removing the terminal pins from the connector block but several are obscured due to the connector design.

·
Registered
242 Posts
any tips on how to transfer the white grommet from the old mirror assembly to the new one would be appreciated.

for the life of me, i can't figure out how to get that big honking connector through the small hole without
tearing the grommet in half.

i thought about removing the terminal pins from the connector block but several are obscured due to the connector design.
I have the same question. Any ideas?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the same question. Any ideas?
If the answer isn’t already buried somewhere in this thread I would check with ECS or DAP for the pin removal tool(s) and DAP maintains a solid YouTube channel- might have a how to there, or email them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

Does anyone know if there are any other codings required to get the mirrors to fold on a 2019 e-Golf? I am unsure if there are different codings specifically for e-Golfs. I've installed the mirrors and checked all functionality were working (BSM, mirror angle adjustment) except for the auto-fold.

I purchased all the parts from e-acca: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...olding-Mirrors

Followed OBDEleven coding from here: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ight=OBDeleven

I've confirmed the codings on another thread done through VCDS for an e-Golf were the same that I have done with OBDEleven: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7132365-What-did-you-do-to-your-eGolf-today/page8

Still both mirrors refuse to fold, neither through the mirror switch or via remote nor parking, everything else works on the switch.

Thanks,
buknoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you list out what you coded, and double-check them? If it's not going in with the switch, the first thing I'd check is

Module 42 and 52 > Long Coding > Byte 4 > Bit 4 (both should be on)
I used OBDEleven:
Control Units >> Door Electronics Driver's Side
Long Coding - mirror_folding -> "installed"
Long Coding - front_field_light -> "active"
Long Coding - mirror_comfort_folding -> "active"
Same for Control Units >> Door Electronics Passenger's Side

I did notice an that there are faults for both control units "Motor for Mirror Fold-in Open Circuit"...it looks like i may need to replace the Door Control Modules for the 2019 e-Golf, since the OEM folding mirrors are plug and play only for R/GTI.

Thanks,buknoy

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I used OBDEleven:
Control Units >> Door Electronics Driver's Side
Long Coding - mirror_folding -> "installed"
Long Coding - front_field_light -> "active"
Long Coding - mirror_comfort_folding -> "active"
Same for Control Units >> Door Electronics Passenger's Side

I did notice an that there are faults for both control units "Motor for Mirror Fold-in Open Circuit"...it looks like i may need to replace the Door Control Modules for the 2019 e-Golf, since the OEM folding mirrors are plug and play only for R/GTI.

Thanks,buknoy
Maybe send this guy a PM https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...lf-today&p=113338511&viewfull=1#post113338511

Also https://forums.mwerks.com/showthrea...Golf-today&p=87365138&viewfull=1#post87365138 this post the guy said new modules, so you might need them. No idea on part.

Once you get the "normal" folding via the switch working this is the code i have noted for enabling folding on lock (after coding it you also have to check it on in the options on the dash). The naming of the options seem to vary depending on years but should point you in the right direction:
[09] Central Electronics
[10] Adaptation
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Went to order the folding mirrors for my 2019 R from E-Acca as shown in this thread. And they show no longer available.
Anyone know if there are updated parts numbers?
These are the ones I order about 4 months ago. Just email them if these don’t work either. They have great customer service.

5G1857508FH9B9 - right side/passenger mirror assembly - USD 147.20

5G1857507DM9B9 - left side/driver mirror assembly - USD 147.20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
These are the ones I order about 4 months ago. Just email them if these don’t work either. They have great customer service.

The above part numbers are the same ones I ordered from E-acca. I received my order yesterday and installed everything this morning. Fit and work perfectly on my 19 R

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The above part numbers are the same ones I ordered from E-acca. I received my order yesterday and installed everything this morning. Fit and work perfectly on my 19 R

Awesome good to hear!

·
Registered
498 Posts

Does this include the driver side mirror toggle switch, or is the switch a separate part number that I need to purchase also?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Does this include the driver side mirror toggle switch, or is the switch a separate part number that I need to purchase also?

The 28 dollar one is the switch and the the 3.84 are just extra door clips in case i broke one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered power folding mirrors for my 18 r and am currently in process switching them as I have come to a situation where I’m a little stuck...
My stock mirrors have 2 wires (mirror wire and blind spot monitoring wire)
The new mirrors only came with the mirror wire.

Does anyone know if the blind spot monitoring wire can be transferred from old mirrors to new mirrors. If YES and you know what you’re doing contact me please....

·
Registered
612 Posts
I ordered power folding mirrors for my 18 r and am currently in process switching them as I have come to a situation where I’m a little stuck...

Does anyone know if the blind spot monitoring wire can be transferred from old mirrors to new mirrors. If YES and you know what you’re doing contact me please....
It can but it's a pain. You have to remove the connector, slice open the strain relief going into the new mirror, thread it through, reseal the strain relief, splice the connector back on....

I personally bought the ones with BSM from europe despite the extra cost. Not worth the faffing around to me, but it is possible to retrofit.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

Post 141 shows pics of a wiring job to do it.

501 - 520 of 531 Posts