VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
301 - 320 of 335 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
NGK makes great plugs. (y)

That is smart! Congrats. Hmm, I'm wondering if the Alltrack comes with an 18" spare already...I'll have to check. I feel like that 16" spare is way smaller than mine. I have the Helix too and the spare is close to the sub's diameter IIRC.
Yep, I believe the Alltrack came with an 18” spare. Just us peasants with GSW 4motions got the 16”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I got the IS38 installed, calibrated, and tuned! I did a few 3rd-4th pulls to get it nice and warmed up. It feels great to have a turbo that doesn’t die off on the top end. The linear power will take a bit to get used to vs the peaky IS20, but I love it!

The tune is the Integrated Engineering IS38 91 octane Beta tune. I'm assisting them with getting it all dialed in for 6MT owners prior to release. It feels fantastic--smooth, OEM feel. Their IS20 tune was a bit jumpy at times, but this feels much more refined.

The logs I've been sending them look great--going to be adding more boost on Monday and it's already faster than the IS20 tune in a 30-100mph comparison, even at a higher DA. I'll get some more specific numbers once the tune is dialed in.

· Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
508 Posts
So good. Congrats.

Very cool to Beta with Uni to pave the path for future people. High praise for that. And am sure Uni appreciate$ it too.

When you say "linear power" over the jumpy IS20... you mean more of a consistent power, through the whole curve? I am APR IS20 tuned and she does come on strong when things finally spin-up. Then dies-off about 4-4500K. I hear the 38 tune carries through to the end? Not mad at it, kinda fun when she kicks in and you are like "there it is!"

· Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
508 Posts
Another Question...

Have been considering swapping the Alltrack honeycomb grill out, for the GSW. Get a cleaner look.

Wondering if it would be a 1:1 fit. Though I am '17 without the lighting package. But if same year/lighting would just be a swap?

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
So good. Congrats.

Very cool to Beta with Uni to pave the path for future people. High praise for that. And am sure Uni appreciate$ it too.

When you say "linear power" over the jumpy IS20... you mean more of a consistent power, through the whole curve? I am APR IS20 tuned and she does come on strong when things finally spin-up. Then dies-off about 4-4500K. I hear the 38 tune carries through to the end? Not mad at it, kinda fun when she kicks in and you are like "there it is!”

Another Question...

Have been considering swapping the Alltrack honeycomb grill out, for the GSW. Get a cleaner look.

Wondering if it would be a 1:1 fit. Though I am '17 without the lighting package. But if same year/lighting would just be a swap?

Thank you! It’s actually Integrated Engineering that I’m working with, but I’m super excited to be doing it. I’ve been working with them for a really long time. I used to live in SLC, where they are located, and became friends with a lot of people in the company.

The IS38 power band doesn’t spike up like the IS20, it’s much more subtle, but it pulls to redline. It’s sneaky fast. Haha.

As far as the grille, I’m honestly not sure. I would think MK7 to MK7 would be a 1:1 swap though.

· Registered
3,929 Posts
I would be interested in hearing more about the 91 file from IE. my is38 is running Unitronic93 and need to run E20 to make it work as close to perfect.
Have you ask Uni for a 91 file? They have them/will give them to you if you ask.

Reactions: oki-nik

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Does the beta IE tune delete the rev hang by chance?
Unfortunately not. None of the tunes I’ve had get rid of it completely, but it does do a better job of managing it. What I’ve found works best for getting rid of the rev hang is driving the car hard. It doesn’t rev hang when I’m beating on it.

· Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
922 Posts
Unfortunately not. None of the tunes I’ve had get rid of it completely, but it does do a better job of managing it. What I’ve found works best for getting rid of the rev hang is driving the car hard. It doesn’t rev hang when I’m beating on it.

Right, really no rev hang if you run each gear out above 3000 RPM. The worst is 1-2 shift with slow acceleration... hope you don't get rear-ended while you wait for revs to drop enough....

· Registered
33 Posts
Nik sir, I have a question for you. When you run your Audi winter wheels; do you run any spacers to clear the TTS calipers? I just picked up a set of those same wheels, so just curious if they clear with or without spaces and if so what size? I’ll be doing that same brake upgrade or the Macan Brembos so I was curious since you have the perfect set up. Thank you in advance sir.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Nik sir, I have a question for you. When you run your Audi winter wheels; do you run any spacers to clear the TTS calipers? I just picked up a set of those same wheels, so just curious if they clear with or without spaces and if so what size? I’ll be doing that same brake upgrade or the Macan Brembos so I was curious since you have the perfect set up. Thank you in advance sir.
Hello, I am running 10mm spacers with them. You could MAYBE get away with a smaller spacer (e.g 5mm), but it would be super close.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts