2018 Sportswagen IS20 IE Stage 3 - MKV R32 - 16 Passat R-Line
155 Posts
How have you been liking the is38 tune?
Did you end up upgrading the hpfp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
155 Posts
Can’t speak for Nik here but tuners working with the GTi HPFP if that’s what you’re referencing are kinda limited. Reflect is, EQT is working with Cobb to figure it out currently.
Thats what i would like to do, make a harness extension as well for the 2.0 HPFP.

It would be the most cost effective way.

But i don't mind going with autotech or other if i have to

· Registered
234 Posts
Thats what i would like to do, make a harness extension as well for the 2.0 HPFP.

It would be the most cost effective way.

But i don't mind going with autotech or other if i have to

Could to autotech but regardless you'll need a vac pump and the HPFP. I was deep in this rabbit hole recently haha

· Registered
155 Posts
Could to autotech but regardless you'll need a vac pump and the HPFP. I was deep in this rabbit hole recently haha
Even with the autotech unit ?

I knew about the vacuum pump on the GTI hpfp.

· Registered
151 Posts
The harness extension isn't really necessary. I upgraded my GSW to the 2.0 HPFP and it's pretty easy to trim the harness tessa tape down a bit. The wire is not under any additional tension when you re-route it due to the extra slack gained.

· Registered
234 Posts
The harness extension isn't really necessary. I upgraded my GSW to the 2.0 HPFP and it's pretty easy to trim the harness tessa tape down a bit. The wire is not under any additional tension when you re-route it due to the extra slack gained.
ANy chance you have video or pictures of the procedure? I cant find any of the vacuum pump

· Registered
155 Posts
I just didnt want to hack into the oem harness

We have a couple spare connectors at the shop so why not

· Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
920 Posts
Ive been trying to figure this out. Are the golf r seats a drop in swap? How did you deal with the power driver side?

Also, your threads have been an excellent source of info. Thank you so much.
Golf R seats are drop in swap, but you need to respect Mk7/Mk7.5 distinction. If you tried a Mk7 seat in a Mk7.5, you'd likely have to rewire harnesses.

2018 R seats fit perfectly in my 2018 Alltrack; same harnesses/connectors. Seat heat and power works. The only thing you need to do is take the passenger side occupancy module off your seat and swap it onto the replacement seat, otherwise you'll get warning lights.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts