VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

121 - 140 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
You always have the best locations for a photo :laugh:. You gotta teach me how to do that license plate photoshop :wave:
Thanks!

It's actually pretty easy, you just go to the DMV and ask for a blank license plate!

Okay, not really. I use a blank license plate as another layer and use the transform tool to get it lined up properly, then just try to color match it as best as I can, then cut out the plate frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Semi-unrelated to the GSW, but my wife got a new car.

There's another platinum gray fake R in the garage. :D

2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line Black with a third row.

ANNNNND the first modification, clear bumper lights.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Top notch photo's. Solid addition. My wife is too in love with her Forester to look at anything VAG at the moment, but i'm working on it!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Top notch photo's. Solid addition. My wife is too in love with her Forester to look at anything VAG at the moment, but i'm working on it!
Thank you!

My wife actually had a brand new Forester back in 2011 and that’s the car that made her never want another Subaru again. We had nothing but problems with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Top notch photo's.
Agreed - amazing photos every time! If only I had the time and patience to take comparable shots!

Bummer you had problems with your Forester - my wife has a 2014 Forester we've had since new and it's been totally drama free (*knocks on wood nervously*)

·
Registered
760 Posts
2018 model for my wife. Knock on wood completely drama free. Its actually a great SUV to chop up miles in. We just did a 1k mile road trip and slept in the back a few nights. it's a good car and I don't see my wife moving on from it for at least a few more years.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Agreed - amazing photos every time! If only I had the time and patience to take comparable shots!

Bummer you had problems with your Forester - my wife has a 2014 Forester we've had since new and it's been totally drama free (*knocks on wood nervously*)
2018 model for my wife. Knock on wood completely drama free. Its actually a great SUV to chop up miles in. We just did a 1k mile road trip and slept in the back a few nights. it's a good car and I don't see my wife moving on from it for at least a few more years.
I think we got a lemon, but it was enough for us to be turned away from Subaru for a long time. I believe the Forester went through a refresh in 2013 too that helped a lot. The 2011 model had a miserably ancient 4-speed automatic and an interior that rattled itself apart. Mine also had two coolant leaks in 10k miles.

Steal the R-line Steering wheel badge from her Tiguan :laugh:
I like that it has silver stitching like my seats! I thought about it, but I think I’m going to get an R style wheel.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Small modification update + some visual content:

Since my last post, I have added a Helix subwoofer/amplifier/crossover.

Part number: 000051419B

It fits in the rear cargo area beneath the spare tire and sounds great!

I also recorded a bit of video middle of last week of my Golf Sportwagen and got it edited into a short video!

Check it out here:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #135 (Edited)
I added an R wheel over the weekend.

I love it, not much different than OEM other than the looks though.

+ a little before and after.

I borrowed the "stock" photos from VW.

Also, here's a video if you missed it:

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
307 Posts
@oki-nik so envious....did you buy it new or used? How much? How hard was the installation? Any special programming or issues with buttons, etc?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
@oki-nik so envious....did you buy it new or used? How much? How hard was the installation? Any special programming or issues with buttons, etc?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I’ve been searching the used market for a few months and finally found one for a good price that had the exact buttons I needed. I got this one for $400 shipped.

Install is easy, it’s basically plug and play.

You’ll need the exact button layout that you have in your car now otherwise it’ll cause a bunch of CANBUS errors and can even throw the car into limp mode.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks great, and excellent photos as always!

Not sure if you've covered it in this thread already, but what's your camera setup? I'm sensing some fast prime lenses?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Looks great, and excellent photos as always!

Not sure if you've covered it in this thread already, but what's your camera setup? I'm sensing some fast prime lenses?
Thank you!

I have a Nikon D600 and I used a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 for the exterior shots (and almost all of the photos in this thread — it’s my go-to lens). The interior photo was taken with a Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank you!

I have a Nikon D600 and I used a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 for the exterior shots (and almost all of the photos in this thread — it’s my go-to lens). The interior photo was taken with a Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8.

That's about what I expected! I'm a Canon shooter, but my go-to is the 100mm f/2.0 also on a full frame body, so that approximate focal length/aperture combo looked familiar!

121 - 140 of 199 Posts