VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Nissan Moco (alfafan)

Thanks, I finally saw it.

The fog green looks cute on this subcompact. The dashboard reminds me of new Corolla's design which should not be a bad thing. The grille has slight Renault influence, IMO.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Premium Turbo
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Nissan Moco (AshlandSi)

Looks like a definite A Class and A2 competitor.
This car is supposed to look cute as it is aimed directly at women.
As far as the word moco that would probably be Mexican slang for booger as I've never heard it in South America.

·
Registered
13,445 Posts
Re: Nissan Moco (jastevenson)

wrong. it's not a mexican thing (although it is used there as well)
you may want to double check with your neighboring countries. all of the ones in immediate proximity to brazil that are spanish-speaking are familiar with the word "moco" as meaning booger.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Nissan Moco (TwoLitreVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]wrong. it's not a mexican thing (although it is used there as well)
you may want to double check with your neighboring countries. all of the ones in immediate proximity to brazil that are spanish-speaking are familiar with the word "moco" as meaning booger.[HR][/HR]​
Does that include Paraguay.When were you there last?

Actually you're probably right where I've lived everything is mixed anyway.I don't understand the Spanish spoken by Paraguayans much and Argentines speak very quickly with an almost Italian like rhythm.
Why didn't they call it Moca?
Ever wonder why the Ford Pinto was never sold in Brazil?

[Modified by alfafan, 8:08 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
13,445 Posts

hmm... i was on a 3 day layover in paraguay about 2 years ago. but that's not really a significant amount of time.
however, i have family in uruguay and argentina, and have many friends here that are originally from chile, peru, and venezuela, and with the flu epidemic that recently swept through where i live, i know that they're all familiar with the word.
oh yeah, and also being part cuban and spanish, i know they know what it means.
it's not hard to understand. think about it, moco, is pretty damn close to mucous. that's where the latin root comes from anyway. a slimy, gooey substance emitted by the body. pretty close to boogers, wouldn't you agree?

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]hmm... i was on a 3 day layover in paraguay about 2 years ago. but that's not really a significant amount of time.
however, i have family in uruguay and argentina, and have many friends here that are originally from chile, peru, and venezuela, and with the flu epidemic that recently swept through where i live, i know that they're all familiar with the word.
oh yeah, and also being part cuban and spanish, i know they know what it means.
it's not hard to understand. think about it, moco, is pretty damn close to mucous. that's where the latin root comes from anyway. a slimy, gooey substance emitted by the body. pretty close to boogers, wouldn't you agree?[HR][/HR]​
Yep.I think Brazilians say coco which is also a childs name for crap.
You can see it(the car) in different colors here. http://www.nissan.co.jp/MOCO/SA0/0204/EXTER/index.html

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]wrong. it's not a mexican thing (although it is used there as well)
you may want to double check with your neighboring countries. all of the ones in immediate proximity to brazil that are spanish-speaking are familiar with the word "moco" as meaning booger.[HR][/HR]​
*flicks a moco at 2LVW* Shut up.

Anywho, back to the subject. I'm completely neutral about it. It doesn't really call my name or anything, it's just there. I would much rather have the Scion Bb.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

Blue looks too light.
Red looks too old.
Beige looks too boring.
White looks blend.
Green still the best color. I guess the interior must be black or grey or beige considered Japanese's tradition.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.