VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around and saw a Rogue without the 2-tone paint scheme in a light color... that black A-pillar looks really bad, as it doesn't flow with the doors but does blend in with the windshield. It's just as bad as the Jag XJ D-pillar, it flows with the rear window, but not the side glass trim.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At least the twin, Mitsubishi Outlander does a better job, of blending in the black A-pillar

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
9,112 Posts
Yeah, that was always a strange choice on the Jaguar. It looked weird then and it still does now. Why have the chrome trim overlap it and ruin the effect?

·
Registered
36,096 Posts
I think the headlight design is worse than the trim.

Reactions: NotFast

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Meh. I had an outlander sport 5 or so years ago and never let any “brand shame” get to me. It was an underdog!
**** that I draw the line at Mitsubishi

·
Registered
41,952 Posts
I was driving around and saw a Rogue without the 2-tone paint scheme in a light color... that black A-pillar looks really bad, as it doesn't flow with the doors but does blend in with the windshield. It's just as bad as the Jag XJ D-pillar, it flows with the rear window, but not the side glass trim.
* 5th and 6th gen Explorers enter the chat *

·
Registered
14,663 Posts
You know, the more I see that Mitsu, the less I hate it. I mean, there are none in my area, but when I get into more urban centers, they can occasionally be spotted in the wild.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Ugh.
It was a great vehicle. I owned one for half a year and loved it. But the engine and brand shame let it down in the end for me.
View attachment 187319
An Uber driver picked me up in one just like this while I was in San Francisco a few weeks ago. I genuinely liked it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts