VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (neelio)

Pretty much universal. You're gonna wanna find a wet system...I personally just bought the nitrous express single fogger wet kit and I'll be runing a 35 shot on my car. They seem to be a company who has their act together, but they're not cheap. But yeah, to answer your question there is not specific kit for the 16v, but there is stuff out there that will work. hope this helps http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (VeeDubbin16v)

how much of a shot would u put to a 91 gti 16v with 100 thousand miles?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (9)

quote:[HR][/HR]how much of a shot would u put to a 91 gti 16v with 100 thousand miles?[HR][/HR]​
How much would I? about a 25 shot. Seriously.
I had the Autotech plate system on my GTi for a while. It absolutely flew with a 100 shot, but that motor had 3k miles on it.

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (Patrick Schmidt)

NOS recommends not exceeding 40-50% of stock HP. Even with 100k miles, if it has been taken care of. I wouldnt put more than a 50 shot. Just make sure you have a stock chip and everything is in good working order. Maybe a fresh tuneup and check the fuel pump pressure.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (Fettes Brot)

yeah, and make sure your clutch is in good shape before spraying. isnt that right Dustin
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (Patrick Schmidt)

The guidelines i have always used.. from VW's to Vetts.. No more than a 50 shot on a 4 banager, 75 on a 6 and 100 on a 8. This is with stock internal mods.. sure you could spray 100 shot on a 16v if you have a built motor. I have sprayed a 50 shot and a 55 shot on my 98 2.0 and no worries. I want more, but I will have to go wet for that.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (H2oVento)

Autotech has a nice kit for the 16v. While pricey, it is a wet kit with a pre drilled "plate" that goes in between your upper and lower intake manifolds. Just screw in the foggers, bend the lines, wire up the system, tap the fuel, and go.
50hp is safe to start. 75 is a bit adventurous. (It can handle it, but I'd be scared to push the stock internals that hard on such an old car.)

Autotech has developed a true bolt-on kit for the 16V GTi and Jetta GLi that utilizes four Fogger 2 nozzles, one for each intake runner. It comes complete as shown with our own beautifully CNC machined, 6061-T6 aluminum adaptor plate, all hard lines pre-bent, new manifold brackets, custom fuel fittings, hardware, 10lb bottle (shipped empty), and comprehensive instructions. This is an outstanding kit, developed jointly by Autotech and NOS, Inc. It is designed to provide the largest gain possible without forsaking long-term reliability. This kit literally transforms your 16V into a rocket that will run an effortless 7 second zero-to-sixty. Fits 1987-89 GTi and GLi 16V with KE-jetronic.
Autotech/NOS System, A2 1.8L 16V 10.200.916K $1095

It's says for the 1.8L only, but you can use it on the 2.0L. You just have to adjust the fuel delivery and what jets you use.
Steve

·
Registered
937 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (ssvr6)

My friend is selling a Nos/Autotech kit that he put together for use on his 16v Scirocco. He's asking $500 for the set up, let me know if your interested http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Nitrous Kits (FYGTBUG)

Have one made. It's only CNC aluminum. Just take off the manifold, trace the runner design (carefully) and have a "spacer" with the same BP made.
I would think that the thickness would be an issue though. It would push the manifold up more.
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts