VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
check out our facebook page for more info on this car and what we do. i'll add build pictures over the last year that this took soon!
https://www.facebook.com/Nothing-Leaves-Stock-186423318042016/

A few quick pictures of this 2001 TT that we did a full 2013 2.5 TTRS swap into. Motor is full built by Iroz motorsports. Custom software and coding with haldex flash from United motorsports and lots of custom fab work done in house! On its way down to the tail of the dragon this weekend!
quick run down
-2013 TTRS motor full forge bottom end built by hank at Iroz
-mated to a modified O2M 6speed tans with custom falcon clutch
-custom cooling system to look and act like a OEM TTRS
-custom front mount intercooler, custom air box to feel oem look but with open air filter inside
-custom 5'' to 3'' vbanded downpipe, cat pipe. 3" catback
-TTRS throttle pedal
-oem TTRS ecu programmed and coded by United motorsports
-custom wiring to mate the TTRS ecu can-bus to K-line mk1 TT body harness
-custom tach converter
-custom electric power steering system
-KW V3 coilovers
-P3 gauge pod
-all oem inside, dash looks ad acts as oem mk1
-rear seat delete, carpeted and strut bar
-alcon front brakes
...and lots of hours and figuring out things!
-still needs the battery and side covers to be matched to wrinkle and he has a set of LM's to fit as well

contact us if you have any needs from inspections, tune, oil changes or crazy off the wall ideas...like this! we can make it happen!
www.nothingleavesstock.com

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'll drop my by next week

For the full treatment! very very nice!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
There is no question you guys did one heck of a job. One of the sexiest things in the modifying cars world is to make something appear stock and factory installed and behave like a factory ride while being as far from that as possible. WOW, WOW is all I can say.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Awesome! Of course, when I first searched TTremors on YouTube, it kept on giving me results for the movie starring Kevin Bacon; now you're only one degree from Kevin Bacon, lol!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tail of the Dragon in TTremoRS

Rode passenger in TTremoRS on two aggressive passes of the Tail of the Dragon this weekend and its a beast. Had a 2001 Aviator Grey TT and it understeered like crazy but TTremoRS suspension has been redone with KW coil over, springs and urethane bushings all around and it felt neutral from the passenger seat in all the turns and in general like it was on rails. They have a few minor issues yet to work out but all in all a killer conversion/custom.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Rode passenger in TTremoRS on two aggressive passes of the Tail of the Dragon this weekend and its a beast. Had a 2001 Aviator Grey TT and it understeered like crazy but TTremoRS suspension has been redone with KW coil over, springs and urethane bushings all around and it felt neutral from the passenger seat in all the turns and in general like it was on rails. They have a few minor issues yet to work out but all in all a killer conversion/custom.
Turns out the power cuts are fuel pickup related, not motor related. Only cuts out at or under 1/4 tank.

I hit Hey 151 off the Blue Ridge Parkway. OMG, what a stretch of pavement!

·
Registered
172 Posts
pretty sweet.

pretty much a waste of money and time though too.
mk1 TT's aren't that great of cars.

and what was up with all the "secrets" drama and a bunch of "unveiling" hype and "thanks to tight lipped friends" yada yada yada?
you're a f***in dork!
get off the crack or smack or rattle can and a paper bag or whatever it is you're getting high with.
it's an old TT.
no one gives that much of a s**t.
and no one really gives a s**t about about some stupid naming of the car.
"TTremoRS"?
sounds like a monster truck name or a mud bog truck name.
either way, it's very dated, very okie fokie, very gay and very stupid.

anyways...
quit being cheap and get some wheels on that roached out pile of crap!

·
Registered
44,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dear drewgroopman,
19' BBS LM's are going on the car asap. would have fitted them on before this post but the owner of the car needed spacers to fit the front brakes.
ttrs swap isn't old. it one of one done 100% and working. wasn't a simple swap :)
as for the car, to each thier own, everyone enjoys different cars.
thanks for stopping by and checking out the car post.
have a great day!
cheers:beer:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
pretty sweet.

pretty much a waste of money and time though too.
mk1 TT's aren't that great of cars.

and what was up with all the "secrets" drama and a bunch of "unveiling" hype and "thanks to tight lipped friends" yada yada yada?
you're a f***in dork!
get off the crack or smack or rattle can and a paper bag or whatever it is you're getting high with.
it's an old TT.
no one gives that much of a s**t.
and no one really gives a s**t about about some stupid naming of the car.
"TTremoRS"?
sounds like a monster truck name or a mud bog truck name.
either way, it's very dated, very okie fokie, very gay and very stupid.

anyways...
quit being cheap and get some wheels on that roached out pile of crap!
Bi-polar much?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Turns out the power cuts are fuel pickup related, not motor related. Only cuts out at or under 1/4 tank.

I hit Hey 151 off the Blue Ridge Parkway. OMG, what a stretch of pavement!
Glad to hear it's something as simple and fixable as the fuel pickup. Seems like there were similar problems in the early MKII TTSs with low levels of gas in the tank.

As to the 151, I hope you had more than the e-brake working at the time. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
TTremoRS made a Dyno run at "Streetcar Takeover 2016". Result: 361 whp. That's on pump gas, and a conservative boost setting. Think I will turn up the wick a bit and try again on Monday...
That number is a little un impressive, but I'm sure the power band is a lot more fun and driveable than the big turbo strokers that we see a bunch of.

Honestly though for that kind of investment of time and money I would want more.

Seeing as how the motor is built I vote corn juice.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That number is a little un impressive, but I'm sure the power band is a lot more fun and driveable than the big turbo strokers that we see a bunch of.

Honestly though for that kind of investment of time and money I would want more.

Seeing as how the motor is built I vote corn juice.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
Power isn't everything... I think we all know that slapping a big turbo on a 1.8T with rods can be a dyno queen, but street driving seems like the life this car will love. That and the fact no one does this type of swap still makes it bad ass in my view.

Great work all

1 - 20 of 30 Posts