VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
The car was finished 8 days ago... The event was a convenient option to get a "base run" for $25 off the appointment I made for Monday. I will be putting in Race Gas, and pushing the boost a bit more on Monday, but this motor has a LOT left in it. Iroz has this motor running 1000 HP. That is NOT my goal, I want a streetable road course car, but the potential is there.

The fact that that motor is in the car and running makes it a one-of-a-kind success in any event, I am VERY pleased with the results!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That number is a little un impressive, but I'm sure the power band is a lot more fun and driveable than the big turbo strokers that we see a bunch of.

Honestly though for that kind of investment of time and money I would want more.

Seeing as how the motor is built I vote corn juice.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
it's funny how all everyone cares about is max power. my TT on E85 probably makes 300whp 350wtq on aggressive tight turns it's pretty easy to spin all fours coming out of corners and through corners if your into the throttle too much , with full suspension and 245tires

I think this project is amazing , the outcome is making big turbo 1.8T power without any of the lag! plenty of potential left in this setup.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
it's funny how all everyone cares about is max power. my TT on E85 probably makes 300whp 350wtq on aggressive tight turns it's pretty easy to spin all fours coming out of corners and through corners if your into the throttle too much , with full suspension and 245tires

I think this project is amazing , the outcome is making big turbo 1.8T power without any of the lag! plenty of potential left in this setup.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Its just the end result that matters its a really cool build.

I just would have done different if I had the money, but I don't.

I'm guessing this build is in the golf r or 2.0t mk2 territory budget.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
stock turbo? this is it.
all he has to do is add a bigger turbo and retune... and he can gt 650-800-900 etc... the motors it there for it.

adding more boost to this setup on stock turbo MAY add ore torque but the stock turbo is flat after 5000rpm. so heat is a factory when adding more boost....so in the end? it really wouldn't make more power till the turbo change happens. limit on stock turbo is about 480bhp and 490-500btq. which is about what was proven on the dyno charts.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
pretty sweet.

pretty much a waste of money and time though too.
mk1 TT's aren't that great of cars.

and what was up with all the "secrets" drama and a bunch of "unveiling" hype and "thanks to tight lipped friends" yada yada yada?
you're a f***in dork!
get off the crack or smack or rattle can and a paper bag or whatever it is you're getting high with.
it's an old TT.
no one gives that much of a s**t.
and no one really gives a s**t about about some stupid naming of the car.
"TTremoRS"?
sounds like a monster truck name or a mud bog truck name.
either way, it's very dated, very okie fokie, very gay and very stupid.

anyways...
quit being cheap and get some wheels on that roached out pile of crap!
GTF out! "MK1 TT's aren't that great of cars"? Go back to your mom's basement or wherever else you're from. The forum really must dead for you to come here talking trash about our beloved cars (and a ground breaking build) and not be sent packing. Shooo! :wave:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts