VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im driving down the highway when all of a sudden the boost meter drops to 0 and the car starts sputtering whenever I hit the gas. I pull over and pop the hood. The engine is shaking back and forth quite violently. I turn off the car and check all the hoses that have given me problems before and they are still in place. So I start it up again and its running smoothly. However it does not want to boost over 5PSI. Also the shishing sound that the car makes when it releases preasure is now constantly there. So I buy a forge diverter valve to replace my crappy old aftermarket one and now the shishing sound is more high pitched. Also the car will idle at a vaccume of 8 (usually 16-17) and when I let it whind down the vacume is 20(usually 18). Still the car will not boost over 5. I have an APR chip set so the car usually boosts to 18. Any ideas suggestions help would be greatly appreciated.
2003 1.8T GTI

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CEl's? Could you spell it out
I probably should know what it stands for but its slipped my mind. In a sick way im glad im not the only one that this has happend to, how did u fix it?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: (Swap1985)

Quote, originally posted by Swap1985 »
CEl's? Could you spell it out
I probably should know what it stands for but its slipped my mind. In a sick way im glad im not the only one that this has happend to, how did u fix it?

Check Engine Light

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Re: (-Khaos-)

Quote, originally posted by -Khaos- »
sounds like you have a leak somewhere and it's in limp mode.

Yup...
You may want to check the hoses again and if anything scan your car with VAG COM.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked the pancake and it seemed intact still, however tomorrow I will try to lift the car and look at it closer. It wasnt heat soak cause its been doing it for 2 days now. Im going to my local VW meet tonight hopefully someone there will have a vag com with them and will be willing to check it out for me. Thanx for all your help so far

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: no boost....? (Swap1985)

I have the same car, maybe your ignition coil package is bad, they did recalls on it, VW dealership will replace them for free, even if they arent bad you could probably get them to give you new ones. I was in OC and my car started doing the shaking and when I gassed it it felt like ****. Ignition coils were replaced and it was fine.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: no boost....? (Gone.T.eightI)

his issue is boost related. Check all your vacuum lines , in fact just replace them. A leak the size of a pin hole can be a night-mare to find and fix while it causes HUGE problems. Listen to the noise very carefully to see where it comes from. No CEL is good. Watch for the EPC (enigine power control) light too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.