VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, randomly my cars brakes just went. I can put the peddle to the floor and only when mashed to the floor does it stop, but not really well. Even if i pump it it still goes to the ground just not as easy. Is there just air in my brake lines or is there something else i should look for?

· Registered
706 Posts
Park the car...check for brake fluid on the ground tomorow. Check your master cylinder and make sure the brake fluid is where it should be. When was the last time you had a brake job...could have a leaky caliper...brake lines could be damaged.....need more info but brakes are simple enough you can just take your car to any shop and have them looked at to save time and frustration.

· Registered
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (1SickWhtDub)

thanks guys...any other things to look for? BTW rotors and calipers are all stock. I have new rotors, lines, and mkIV calipers, just havent had time to put em on. My one rear caliper has also been seized for quite some time now

· Registered
1,277 Posts
if anything is leaking, you will be able to see it. whether it be the master cylinder or the calipers. most likely it is a caliper but... you never know. look under your hood for brake fluid. that means check your resorvoir AND check for leaks. if everything checks out then it is definitely a caliper. start taking those tires off and find out which one it is. more than likely the inside of your rim will be coated in brake fluid also if it is the caliper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.