VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My auto dimming mirror is not working. Honestly I don’t know when it stopped .... the green light is not on.

I do have power to the bottom because if I hold it for a while, I see the compass zone pop up.

But the compass does not display at all. Nor does the auto dimming mirror function and no green light.

It’s on the same fuse as other things that work so.....it’s not a huge deal. I probably never use it but someday I will sell the car and wanted it to be working. Thanks

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So yesterday the green light came on and the compass worked.

Today... it’s not working again.

It must be a lose wire. Does anyone know where the connection is? Under the headliner?

·
Registered
181 Posts
So yesterday the green light came on and the compass worked.

Today... it’s not working again.

It must be a lose wire. Does anyone know where the connection is? Under the headliner?
Sounds like the mirror itself could be malfunctioning but probably a good idea to trace your wires and check fuses before spending the money to replace it.

Here's a wiring diagram for the mirror, don't know if it will help or not.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
was this ever resolved?
Nope. Sometimes it appears to get power suddenly and illuminate. can only conclude it is the wiring that goes into the roof liner that is causing the intermittent power.

Despite replacing the mirror and calibrating the compass, I have yet to resolve the issue. I

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Passat R Line Tourmaline Blue / 2018 Passat R Line White
312 Posts
Do all auto dimming mirrors across models have a green light as I swear my new 2020 passat does not dim and I dont have a green light but my compass works??

how can I "test" auto dimming. I guess by putting my hand behind it and see if it changes....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.