VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2014 Passat TDI and my heat has gone out. The air blows through but its only AC/cool. When the heat was working I could hear the flap switching over when I switch from AC/Heat now I don't hear that and I don't have heat. Please help

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Very common failure on the Passat is the heater core is plugged causing no heat. You usually or eventually will get a check engine light for EGR cooler temp.

I’d double check the heater core pipes are cold to the touch when fully warmed. Then you know that is the problem. Your able to access them just to the right of your throttle pedal

Can you scan to check for codes in the ac system? Blend air door might have also failed. (I just read you don’t hear the door actuating.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very common failure on the Passat is the heater core is plugged causing no heat. You usually or eventually will get a check engine light for EGR cooler temp.

I’d double check the heater core pipes are cold to the touch when fully warmed. Then you know that is the problem. Your able to access them just to the right of your throttle pedal

Can you scan to check for codes in the ac system? Blend air door might have also failed. (I just read you don’t hear the door actuating.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, its hard to find someone other then the dealer to fix it...smh

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Post #17 in my thread relates to YOUR model year car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts