VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys?
ok so here is the story, im driving down some crappy back road when all of a sudden i go flying off a cliff which turned out to be just a pothole
(could have fooled me). the car hit so damn hard that my cupholder opened up, high beams flicked on and that little piece of plastic under the climate control flew off
. I pull over to find a flat tire. the next day i look at the tire to check it out but i find that the tire is perfect???
Look a little further and notice a nice dent on the inner lip of my rim. Anyway got new rims comin in soon and these are up for sale in case anyone is interested. refering to the title, a couple days after the incident
, my traction light is on and it doesn't turn off, i push button but nothing
anyone else have this problem, im gonna look around under the car when i put the new wheels on but i doubt i will be able to find something wrong.
thanks
chris

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Re: (bakersfield_gti)

my esp is screwed too. i took it to the dealer and after them telling me nothing was wrong with it they said it was caused by "lowered suspension". i can't find a GAD DAYM thing wrong.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Re: (paik)

same thing happened to me...I even called VWoA , but I am sure you know how useless they are. VWoA told me that if it is not a manufacturer's defect they are not liable, even though it may be a defect in the design.
You may have ripped the cable which attached to the ESP and ABS sensor, the cable is about $60, as I have had to buy one. When I went to install I noticed that it has to be hard-wired in...Serious PITA, so I was able to seal the cable that was damaged pretty good. I have the new cable in case I find trouble later on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (muffinman)

well i popped on the new rims today and looked around. One thing i noticed that on the driver side i saw two wires going towards the wheel, one looked like it was connected to the brake caliper and i cant remember where the other went. But on the passenger side(which is the side that hit the pothole) i only saw one wire, it was like that one going to the caliper was never there. Now im not sure, but if i can remember when i did my suspension they both had 2 wires, but today it was like it was never there. I didn't check to see if abs still worked, so i guess i'll slam on the brakes tommorow, but if the abs didn't work wouldn't that light be on too??
thanks alot guys
chris

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Re: (lkwdVR6)

your car is not a freak. The two wires on the drivers side are the following. one goes to the inner brake pad,, which is the wear sensor, you are prob still on factory brake pads correct? and the other goes to the abs sensor that is inboard on that little metal ring w/ all the holes in it. THe other side, passanger side, just has one wire and that goes to the abs sensor on that side. there is no brake pad wear sensor anywhere else on the car except the drivers side inner pad. hence what you are noticing. hope that helped.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Banditt007)

yeah i am still on factory pads, thanks alot bro that did help. so what wire or wires am i looking for that would be bad to cause my esp to be broken?
thanks again.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Re: (lkwdVR6)

the wires that go to your abs sensor which you will see easy on the passanger side since those are the only wires over there, basically they go to a sensor that is about 1/4" away from a 6" metal ring that has holes in it all the way aorund.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts