VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I found out that using the Ghetto-Flow intake set-up (much like the Neuspeed P-Flow) creates turbulance @ the MAF sensor from a local VW tuner, I went back to the good 'ol paper filter and air-box. I've noticed the car pulls stronger and idles alot smoother. Its all good anyway.... Im going trade my '02 GTI for a MK5 Golf or GTI when they get here!!! (Findaly VW here in Vegas is getting them THIS Nov.!!)
-Nick-

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Re: No more Ghetto-Flow........ (n19811978)

The 2.0 looks crazy annoying to work on. Good luck with it though. And thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

Yep, the turbulence issue is what some of us have been trying to tell people when intake topics come up but they get the retard face for 2 seconds, then due to the unpleasantness of such face, snap out of it and pretend they never read it. Enjoy the MK5 GTI if/when you get it...looks to be a winner.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Re: No more Ghetto-Flow........ (groftja)

The bad thing about all of that is that it's probably going to take a little while for stuff to come out for the 2.0T. Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: No more Ghetto-Flow........ (nidex)

Actually i leaning twards the 2.5 L5. It would be a shame to leave the world of boosted motors, but the idea of running 85 octane fuel and the uniqness of telling people "its a 5 cylinder..." is temping. Besides, I hear form those with the new Jettas that the 2.5 resebles the 2.8 VR6 in its smooth diplay of torque and cray exotic exhaust note. I'm going to test drive both the 2.5 L5 and 2.0T when they get here.
-Nick-

·
Registered
10,067 Posts

Quote, originally posted by n19811978 »
Actually i leaning twards the 2.5 L5. It would be a shame to leave the world of boosted motors, but the idea of running 85 octane fuel and the uniqness of telling people "its a 5 cylinder..." is temping. Besides, I hear form those with the new Jettas that the 2.5 resebles the 2.8 VR6 in its smooth diplay of torque and cray exotic exhaust note. I'm going to test drive both the 2.5 L5 and 2.0T when they get here.
-Nick-

but a chip and exhaust won't get you 250whp in a 2.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.