VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took the engine out ECU and wiring harness out of a 1990 corrado G60 and stuffed it under the hood of an 86 golf. i drove both cars to my house before dismantling them and they both ran fine. now that i have the G60 setup wired into the CE1 wiring harness i get no spark. i followed the diagram below that i found on here to wire everything in.
i have a yellow wire on the positive side of the coil that is part of the CIS system. from what i grap of it thats the 12v switched power. and i have the green wire from pin 25 on the digifant ECU harness hooked to the negative side of the coil. it sounds right to me but this is the first time attempting a swap like this. any input anyone????

Modified by VWracerG60 at 6:55 AM 6-15-2006

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (corradokyd)

i figured it out. i had the ECU power wired into the auxilary switched power. so like if you have the heater on and you try to start the car the heater will shut off until the key is back in the switched position. so when i was cranking the car the ECU was shutting off. now on to more G60 gremlins. thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.