VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a bang like a ran over something on a dirt road. Kept driving fine. Got to my destination OK. But when I went to leave, the car started fine, idled fine, but NO throttle response and EPC light on. I had to abandon it in the middle of the forest. I ran codes with an OBD reader. It's a 2004 Beetle, standard trans. 2 liter. Not a turbo.
P0038 HO2S Heated oxygen sensor High Voltage.
P0141 HO2S Heated oxygen sensor Circuit Malfunction
P2128 TP Accelerator Position Sensor, Switch E - High input
P2123 TP Throttle Position Sensor switch D - High input
P0221 TP Accelerator Position Sensor APP Circuit Performance
I looked under the car and found the wire to the O2 sensor on the exhaust pipe had been pulled down in a dangling U shape that was dragging on the ground. the wires seemed to be OK and it was all still connected.
I have heard that this wire can short and fry the ECU.
I need to buy the parts and head up to the forest and fix it, so need to know what to get first.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Where you read this can fry ECU?
You are going to have a hard time in forest.
ECU is not plug and play! Needs to be programed in order to work.
Also dealer only unless you have VCDS and a way to get SKC/PIN for immobilizer.
Shorted O2 wires can fry ECU and loose throttle. Sure looks like that's the problem based on the codes.
Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read it on this and other forums while looking up my issues. I am looking desperately for a pre programmed ECU online. there are folks who do this, but I have yet to find one with my exact part number. Thanks for your reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.