VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my life threatened today for not using my turn signal to pull into a parking space. Best of all it came from a guy who was tailgating me for about three miles prior to this. He said next time I was gonna get shot. That comes to three times I've been threatened with being shot in front of my house. Oh, how I love where I live.
I do use my signals all the time but feel it is unnecessary to use them for parking purposes. In a parking lot or in my case a residential neighborhood it should be expected that people will pull into a parking space at some point.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Re: No turn signal? (ramadoss)

If you were pulling into a driveway, you should use your turn signal so that the person can go around you (if they're impatient). I'd say in a parking lot it's not as much of a big deal... although if you're waiting for a spot and don't have your signal on, be prepared to have someone try to cut you off and steal your spot.

·
Banned
11,071 Posts
Re: No turn signal? (cougar)

just use your signals, and that will never happen. thats it man. USE YOUR DAMN SIGNALS. i live in a culdisac, and i still use my signal when i go into my driveway, for no reason other then using it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: No turn signal? (cougar)

Quote, originally posted by cougar »
If you were pulling into a driveway, you should use your turn signal so that the person can go around you (if they're impatient). I'd say in a parking lot it's not as much of a big deal... although if you're waiting for a spot and don't have your signal on, be prepared to have someone try to cut you off and steal your spot.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No driveway, just parking spaces in a townhouse community.
I DO USE MY SIGNALS ALL THE TIME!!! I just see it as completely unnecessary to use them when puling into a parking space. I do use it when pulling into a driveway, it's like making a turn. Parking is parking

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Re: (ramadoss)

Quote, originally posted by ramadoss »
No driveway, just parking spaces in a townhouse community.
I DO USE MY SIGNALS ALL THE TIME!!! I just see it as completely unnecessary to use them when puling into a parking space. I do use it when pulling into a driveway, it's like making a turn. Parking is parking

You just said in your first post that you don't think you should have to in parking lots, or in your case, neighborhoods. It PISSES me off when people don't use their signals when pulling into their driveways. Yes, you should use your turn signals in neighborhoods.
Parking lots are a different story, if you're going so fast in a parking lot that you need to see turn signals in order to know to slow down then you're being unsafe in the first place. The only advantage to using your turn signal in a parking lot is to let people know that YOU GET THE SPOT, THEY DON'T!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (sonicGLI)

My townhouse community is a parking lot. Not a single driveway in the entire place.
Maybe I'm in the wrong here but I don't think so.

·
Registered
8,656 Posts

Stuff like that would never happen in Florida. Most people here don't know what turn signals are for.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

Well I got my life threatened today for not using my turn signal to pull into a parking space. Best of all it came from a guy who was tailgating me for about three miles prior to this. He said next time I was gonna get shot. That comes to three times I've been threatened with being shot in front of my house. Oh, how I love where I live.
I do use my signals all the time but feel it is unnecessary to use them for parking purposes. In a parking lot or in my case a residential neighborhood it should be expected that people will pull into a parking space at some point.

So you can't call police on this guy or something? Did you just took the threat and thats it? Just curious.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: No turn signal? (spidy)

Really, call the police. I would expect them to be called if I did the same thing. And you might want to think about moving when your lease is up with this community (read: project).

·
Registered
5,523 Posts

Maybe I'm in the wrong here but I don't think so.

Since you admitted to not using your signals, you are in the wrong.
I'm not justifying the threat to your life... That is wrong too. But every time you turn without signaling you are threatening other peoples lives. Mainly those who ride on two wheels.
If there was an oncoming motorcycle that you didn't see, they would have no idea you were about to cut in front of them. My friend was almost killed this way.
Every time I aproach somebody that is looking like they're about to turn, but not signaling, my life flashes before my eyes. If they're too lazy to signal, they might be too lazy to check for oncomming traffic. This momemt of terror doesn't stop until I've made eye contact with the turning driver.
Use your signal. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: No turn signal? (spidy)

Quote, originally posted by spidy »
So you can't call police on this guy or something? Did you just took the threat and thats it? Just curious.

It's not worth it. The two previous times I called the police and they took a statement. One time three cop cars pulled up and the ten guys coming back to my house to shoot me scattered. Did any of them go after the guys? No. They all questioned me and stood around kicking the fence till they got to leave.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Henry)

Quote, originally posted by Henry »
Since you admitted to not using your signals, you are in the wrong.
I'm not justifying the threat to your life... That is wrong too. But every time you turn without signaling you are threatening other peoples lives. Mainly those who ride on two wheels.
If there was an oncoming motorcycle that you didn't see, they would have no idea you were about to cut in front of them. My friend was almost killed this way.
Every time I aproach somebody that is looking like they're about to turn, but not signaling, my life flashes before my eyes. If they're too lazy to signal, they might be too lazy to check for oncomming traffic. This momemt of terror doesn't stop until I've made eye contact with the turning driver.
Use your signal. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Ok, I was in the wrong. I didn't realise that signaling to park in a freekin parking space is that big a deal.
Just to clarify again. I do use my signals for everything. I don't find it necessary in a parking lot or townhome complex where the speed limit is 15 or below. If the person in front of you slows almost to a stop it's kind of assumed they will be parking, and being in a parking lot you should be ready for the person in front of you to want to park.
Lick my ballz

·
Registered
7,700 Posts

i couldnt agree more. some peoples panties are just way to tight. have one on me bro

Ok, I was in the wrong. I didn't realise that signaling to park in a freekin parking space is that big a deal.
Just to clarify again. I do use my signals for everything. I don't find it necessary in a parking lot or townhome complex where the speed limit is 15 or below. If the person in front of you slows almost to a stop it's kind of assumed they will be parking, and being in a parking lot you should be ready for the person in front of you to want to park.
Lick my ballz

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Well, especially during the holiday season when parking feels like a game of steal the bacon, I always thought that turn signal usage in parking lots was akin to doing a "Seat saved!" or a "Shotgun!"
It's like when someone is pushing their shopping cart back to their car from the supermarket and you can tell where they look like they're going so you use the turn signal to show that whoever else is around you can't take that spot because you got dibs by virtue of turn-signal territory marking. Don't other people play this way?

·
Banned
4,566 Posts

He said next time I was gonna get shot. .

I once had a guy who didn't like how I changed lanes in front of him follow me into the drive thru at McDonalds and pull up next to me and say "Next time you do that I'm going to kick your ass.", so I get out of my car and shouted "Why wait until next time, why not now?". I swear his jaw dropped and he floors it, peeling out of the parking lot and back onto the street.

Damn, that was back in High School. Memories..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts