VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
which bag did you get? they didn't give me a bag when they handed my shirt, i asked for one and everything was in there. it's the white plastic bag from forge motorsports.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would also like to buy one if anyone has one to spare...heck, I'd buy a t-shirt too...:wave:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It surprised me that there were no sponsor stickers or swag available at the driver's meeting nor at the Volkswagen sponsored BBQ. In fact if you didn't buy the event t-shirt you likely didn't even know which companies were supporting WITW16. :banghead:

It is hard to imagine the sponsors weren't interested in educating the 250+ participants of their VW goods and services. Stickers and swag outlast the excitement of driving the Dragon, the Skyway, etc. and generate meaningful business weeks and months after the event. :facepalm:

Suggestion for 2017 vendors, stickers and swag to generate product awareness, sponsor appreciation, and best of all ORDERS!:laugh: :beer:

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
It surprised me that there were no sponsor stickers or swag available at the driver's meeting nor at the Volkswagen sponsored BBQ. In fact if you didn't buy the event t-shirt you likely didn't even know which companies were supporting WITW16. :banghead:

It is hard to imagine the sponsors weren't interested in educating the 250+ participants of their VW goods and services. Stickers and swag outlast the excitement of driving the Dragon, the Skyway, etc. and generate meaningful business weeks and months after the event. :facepalm:

Suggestion for 2017 vendors, stickers and swag to generate product awareness, sponsor appreciation, and best of all ORDERS!:laugh: :beer:
Wait, the Instagram and Facebook announcements and website listings and banners and shirts and items in the raffle weren't enough?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mr Chandler message me.

we eventually ran out of bags. and stickers. it happens :)

those that wanted a shirt and did not pre-order email [email protected] - we are printing a few extras in a few weeks.
Thank you! :thumbup:

Only organizers know the count but I have a feeling they made enough stickers for everyone. I saw guys grabbing dozens of stickers at a time..just grabbing an entire solo cup of stickers and giving no ****s.
I'm sure they made more than enough... I wasn't paying close enough attention to grab one. I blame myself lol :facepalm:

Wait, the Instagram and Facebook announcements and website listings and banners and shirts and items in the raffle weren't enough?
Accurate!! :thumbup: This made me laugh :beer:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts

Great suggestion Al, thanks for coming out again.

Sponsors are donating products to the raffle - swag costs money - money = time and sweat. We asked and got what we got and appreciate it :) This is not a big budget show. We then give our support to our sponsors throughout the year via our social media accounts and website as best we can. If you need some swag reach out to any of our sponsors and purchase some product and support them. I promise I am not thinking about a coozi or sticker during the long months between wookies :p but I am purchasing mods from the companies that support the event.

Stickers and swag outlast the excitement of driving the Dragon, the Skyway, etc.
no.
no.
no.
no.
hell no.

for the record.

I made a ton of stickers, and stood there handing them to anybody who asked till the place was empty after the RBQ, and at the firepits. its all good.

Im in the chicago burbs . come to my place and grab some or I will mail out what I can.

see you in April.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't really fight for handouts so when I saw WITW stickers on the table at the dinner, I didn't steal 50 of them like other people. Later, when things calmed down I asked a volunteer how I got a sticker and they said t-shirt buyers got one in their bag.

My bag does not contain one.

:(
By the way I bought a t-shirt and I did not get a witw16 sticker. If my friends did not ask for a swag bag he mostly would not have got one either. I got a few stickers but there was no witw16 one. I was told 5 or 6 times to wait to get a sticker ,wait till after t-shirts were handed out,with till after the drivers meeting, with till after the rbq and the raffle. Well needless to say I never got a sticker.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
my kingdom for a sticker!

next year we charge for stickers, that should end the problem. :sly::p

If you didnt get one, message me. Ill do what I can.
Actually not a bad idea, a nominal charge $10+/- for registration would help cover administration costs and fund mailing WITW stickers and event info to registered participants. Was there an announcement or information relating to distributing stickers after the BBQ or during the bonfire?

Heck, I still remember my first WITW back in '09. See you in April.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts